Some question about Scorpion Oval Exhaust!

Arowana

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just bought a FZ6-N S2 2007, the bike was great but the OEM exhaust was too soft :( i think its time to change those exhaust sound things. Just have some questions:
- How much this Scorpion Carbon Oval Exhaust cost? In my place, they sell me 1.200 USD :( is it too expensive ?
3381930231_9c43c4d429.jpg

- This exhaust come with a Mid pipe no CAT (the seller say so...) and the price is much expensive than those without it. Any ideas what is that pipe? And whats the different between having them or not?
- Is it need to change the OEM filter? the seller told me that i should change OEM filter to BMC Air Filter(110$ more :( )
- Do i need to install PC3 to my bike after having this exhaust installed?

Thats all i need to know, thanks our biker alot :D

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just bought a FZ6-N S2 2007, the bike was great but the OEM exhaust was too soft :( i think its time to change those exhaust sound things. Just have some questions:
- How much this Scorpion Carbon Oval Exhaust cost? In my place, they sell me 1.200 USD :( is it too expensive ?

First of all, good call on the Carbon Fiber scorps...they look awesome on the bike and they sound even more awesome!
1,200 USD is very steep! That is more than double of what I paid for mine. I got mine for around 530 USD shipped off of ebay. You might want to check there first and see if anyone is willing to ship them to Vietnam. Make sure it is the right part number though, some of the sellers don't have accurate information for the item. This is the part number you are looking for 1811-1758

- This exhaust come with a Mid pipe no CAT (the seller say so...) and the price is much expensive than those without it. Any ideas what is that pipe? And whats the different between having them or not?

Yes, the exhaust comes with the mid pipe. This is the pipe that goes under your seat. If you look under your seat now, you will see there is a vertical pipe next to the shocks. This is your catalytic converter pipe. Most aftermarket exhausts don't come with a de-cat pipe, which removes the catalytic converter. If you are a tree-hugger, you might want to leave the catalytic converter in there. The mid-pipe, which comes with the exhaust connects the catalytic converter to the silencer cans. Removing the catalytic converter makes the exhaust more louder(?) and the gases flow more easily at the expense of not treating the exhaust fumes.

]
- Is it need to change the OEM filter? the seller told me that i should change OEM filter to BMC Air Filter(110$ more :( )

No need to change the OEM filter.

]
- Do i need to install PC3 to my bike after having this exhaust installed?
Thats all i need to know, thanks our biker alot :D

No, you do not need to install a power commander if you are just doing the scorpion exhaust mod. If you do decide to replace the OEM filter with say a K&N filter, then that is when you will need to re-map the ECU with the PCIII because your engine will be breathing better from both ends now and will run lean causing the bike to spit, splutter. You don't need to buy a PCIII commander either, just take it to your local Yamaha dealer/repair shop and they can tune the engine for you.

Hope I answered all your questions, any corrections from other people to whatever I said are welcome.

-M

Arowana

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa! Thanks manas12 alot! :) :thumbup:
You helped me with a lot of information. I'll try check the dealer, hope they'll ship those thing to Vietnam.
Now i know how the mid pipe is, so thanks you alot :D
So if theres any news, i'll update soon :D

Thanks manas12 alot ! :D:cheer:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
So do all the Scorpion exhausts ordered in the US come with the two end cans, the Y pipe AND the decat pipe? In the UK you have to order and pay for the decat pipe separately. :(

Oh yeah, and really I would describe the Y pipe as going under the seat and the decat pipe as going under the bike and joining upto the 4 header pipes? You sure it's a decat pipe and not just the Y-pipe that you're talking about?

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
So do all the Scorpion exhausts ordered in the US come with the two end cans, the Y pipe AND the decat pipe? In the UK you have to order and pay for the decat pipe separately. :(

Oh yeah, and really I would describe the Y pipe as going under the seat and the decat pipe as going under the bike and joining upto the 4 header pipes? You sure it's a decat pipe and not just the Y-pipe that you're talking about?

Oh, I thought that is what I meant. The mid-pipe that he was talking about is the Y-pipe. And that comes with the exhaust. He was asking whether the CAT pipe should also come with the exhaust, which it does not.

So I was talking about the Y-pipe ( the mid-pipe ) and not the de-cat pipe. Sorry if I sounded confusing.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I thought that is what I meant. The mid-pipe that he was talking about is the Y-pipe. And that comes with the exhaust. He was asking whether the CAT pipe should also come with the exhaust, which it does not.

So I was talking about the Y-pipe ( the mid-pipe ) and not the de-cat pipe. Sorry if I sounded confusing.
Yeah Y-pipe=mid pipe pretty much makes sense! Cheers for making it clear though! :)

Arowana

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm! Seem like i've asked a confused question :D

The mid-pipe is not Y-pipe, the Y-pipe come with every exhaust sold! But the de-CAT pipe is one short pipe connecting Y-pipe and the 4 pipes out from the engine.
So i ask if i bought the Scorpion Exhaust from UK, can i have these items at all:
- 2 can of exhaust
- 1 Y-pipe
- 1 mid-pipe no CAT (which is de-CAT pipe)

Hey, i just thought if i have all 3 parts above then it would be a Full-System Exhaust, not Slip-on anymore :D Is it right?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm! Seem like i've asked a confused question :D

The mid-pipe is not Y-pipe, the Y-pipe come with every exhaust sold! But the de-CAT pipe is one short pipe connecting Y-pipe and the 4 pipes out from the engine.
So i ask if i bought the Scorpion Exhaust from UK, can i have these items at all:
- 2 can of exhaust
- 1 Y-pipe
- 1 mid-pipe no CAT (which is de-CAT pipe)

Hey, i just thought if i have all 3 parts above then it would be a Full-System Exhaust, not Slip-on anymore :D Is it right?
The package you get when buying the exhaust provides the two end cans and the Y pipe. The decat pipe could be bought at the same time for an extra £40. It would not be a full system as you will still be using the stock headers - which also have smaller built-in cats that you can't get rid of.