stone white paint from colorrite.com

esabado

Reaction score
Visit site
so i plan on painting my bike "stone white" the white on the newer ducati monsters. after doing some research it seems i might be purchasing the paint from colorrite.com, but i have my doubts about the quality,has anyone had any experience with this company?

also the older ducati monster color which is referenced to as "pearl white" seems to require a tri-color painting process while the newer white refered to as stone white seems to only require a base white paint and clear matte finish. what would you guys suggest to go with? although the newer stone white seems easier i am always skeptical about the easy way out.

here is the link for the colorrite page.

Ducati Stone White

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Colorite is the manufacturer for at least the FZ colors for a factory paint/color and is NOT cheap.. A rattle can is about $35.00.

Re the Duc color, dunno. If you go to Colorrites web site, and you can find it there, it should be the same.

IMO, if you want it to look really good, don't rattle can it, get the pint, solvents, etc and find a painter or at least a spray booth for a professional finish..

esabado

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the response! I have a paint booth that i can work with at work and do plan on spraying it just need to get the right paint. Do you know of other quality online auto paint sites?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No I don't. I've done very little painting and know I'm NOT good at it.

I have one customer who's painted several bikes using water based paint and they were absolutly gorgeous..

I did paint two bikes(years ago), using Imron paint. Without using a booth. They came out very well but the fumes were way worse than base coat, clear coat, etc. Very, very durable...

If possible, I would find a local paint supply shop and match up what you want. It'd probably be cheaper than Colorite and if there's any issues, their right there for help...