Swapping XENON bulbs for regular - Is it just Plug+Play ?

getsum

Reaction score
Visit site
If it is that easy - I want to take out the H4 + H7
and just plug in a XENON H4 + H7 ?

AND - is HID OK also ?

I will make sure they are the same 55w that is in there..

Let me know if this is ok, or if it will cause any electrical problems ???

THANKS

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yes, swapping out the bulbs for XENON bulbs is "pulg & play".

Before I did my HID projector conversion I had Xenon bulbs. Details here: Boneman's FZ6 Site - Xenon Bulbs

As for HID, it is not plug an play as to truely (an legally) install HID, you need to use a projector systems to properly focus the beam. Just installing HID bulbs into the existing stock halogen reflectors is a very bad idea as the stock headlight reflectors are designed to reflect halogen light and not HID light. If you put in HID bulbs, it will scatter the beam and you will not be able to focus the beam and end up blinding on coming traffic. Very dangerous and illegal.

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, swapping out the bulbs for XENON bulbs is "pulg & play".

Before I did my HID projector conversion I had Xenon bulbs. Details here: Boneman's FZ6 Site - Xenon Bulbs

As for HID, it is not plug an play as to truely (an legally) install HID, you need to use a projector systems to properly focus the beam. Just installing HID bulbs into the existing stock halogen reflectors is a very bad idea as the stock headlight reflectors are designed to reflect halogen light and not HID light. If you put in HID bulbs, it will scatter the beam and you will not be able to focus the beam and end up blinding on coming traffic. Very dangerous and illegal.

OMFG are you the most helpful son of a gun on this server? I've just been searching for people with HID installs, and why people only did it with projectors. I've installed HIDs on many cars in the past and found they worked great. I did notice with the motorcycle the beams tended to be a bit higher, but hey HIDs have proved well this far but your very helpful post made me make a better choice and get xenon bulbs instead.

I did spent a better part of a few hours this morning checking out your site too and its very helpful.:cheer: