Tank Bra Prototype

I am currently in the process of making a leather tank bra. Template is done. Have to go find a suitable material and bribe my mom into sewing it for me. My wife doesn't sew :( It will be all black with blue stitching and a fz6 logo.

Tank Bra Construction - FZ6-Forum Community Photo Gallery

one question..........will you be making more????? ;) I might want one since i just posted a thread about this the other day looking for a tank bra just like what you are doing. very silly that one isnt made to cover the bottom part of the tank.

I am looking at materials...but after I get the prototype done I'll post pics and see if it is hard to do and if I can make some extras for the forum guys!

Got material and cut patterns....

sjryser-albums-mods-picture4131-tank-bra3.jpg

almost a year later and with a renewed interest I'm done! Results not too shabby! Got the look I wanted, fit wasn't horrible and goal was to protect the tank with something other than a sticker. What'ya think?

Looks really nice! I like the fact that it only protects the most vulnerable areas and looks cool. (shame about the creases at the bottom :ban:but otherwise spot on!!):D

almost a year later and with a renewed interest I'm done! Results not too shabby! Got the look I wanted, fit wasn't horrible and goal was to protect the tank with something other than a sticker. What'ya think?

Wow, looks great. :rockon:

is it much of a pain to take off and on? I'm guessing that it would need to come off before you wash the bike each time.

Ahh man, that looks great!:thumbup:
Perfect compliment for your bike. You say there's a pattern you followed?
I made a pattern out of construction paper first, then traced it to the vinyl.

is it much of a pain to take off and on? I'm guessing that it would need to come off before you wash the bike each time.

Very much a pain! It clips up front and in the middle under the tank but the back is under the tank hinge.

Back