the ArmaLite Rifle

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
first off, let me say i couldn't find a section where this seemed to fit so this was the closest:thumbup:

i have recently purchased an AR15 built from the ground up for me by my neighbor, this thing is a blast and i am now addicted. i was wondering if anyone else shared my addiction? if so post a pic, i'm looking for ideas for the next one that i will be building myself!

here is a pic of mine without the bipod.
LETS GO HUNTING!:rockon:

ar2.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to have one but I see the prices online and cringe...

How much does it cost to build one if you don't mind me asking?

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got about $1500 in the top one and $800 in the bottom one. Both were built by me. Sub-$500 is attainable with all new parts or $300 if you have enough friends to get used parts from.

looong3.jpg

fdear4.jpg

Also, I'm from Boerne. :thumbup:

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got about $1500 in the top one and $800 in the bottom one. Both were built by me. Sub-$500 is attainable with all new parts or $300 if you have enough friends to get used parts from.

looong3.jpg

fdear4.jpg

Well damn I might have to jump on building one!!! I got more money tied up in my cz right now then that.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
not sure of the finish on the receivers, but the hand guard is anodized

the price of the parts for this rifle was $850.42, but i have had some upgrades:D
it is a .223 wylde chambered 24" match barrel, a M4 bolt and a match trigger. she is a sweet shooting rifle!

you can build them for less if you get a kit, THIS KIT has everything you need except the stripped lower receiver, which runs around $90 and has to be shipped to someone with a FFL license

EDIT: i like the FDE furniture on the bottom rifle, the next one will be that color for sure!

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure of the finish on the receivers, but the hand guard is anodized

the price of the parts for this rifle was $850.42, but i have had some upgrades:D
it is a .223 wylde chambered 24" match barrel, a M4 bolt and a match trigger. she is a sweet shooting rifle!

you can build them for less if you get a kit, THIS KIT has everything you need except the stripped lower receiver, which runs around $90 and has to be shipped to someone with a FFL license

EDIT: i like the FDE furniture on the bottom rifle, the next one will be that color for sure!

The receivers are anodized as well. The bolt carrier group is parked unless you got the chrome one.

I'm thinking foliage green for the next one, but I'm not sure if I want to to a .458 SOCOM short barrel or a 9mm pistol AR yet. I'm getting a suppressor for what ever I decide on though. It's just as big a sickness as the bikes. :D

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
We are not allowed rifles over here... or hand guns above .22 for that matter unless you are extremely priviledged- as someone with a rifle went mad and shot innocent civilians- we dont even allow winter olympics to train with rifles unless they go abroad- we dont have a gun lobby here we have tree huggers

I was in the TA and shot the old Armalite many years ago- I guess VietNam veteran rifles- nice and light compared to the .762 SLR we had at the time. The sandy coloured one looks like the current SA80 British army rifle- havent fired one of those but they have a good reputation

Best weapon I fired was the British LMG- also known as the Bren gun with the top mounted banana magazine- oh wow! more fun that Detcharges... especially if there are rounds left over at the end of the day that no-one wants the form filling to take back to the armoury

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll join the party... these things are addictive.

IMG_2075serialblackedout.jpg

This is my newest rifle. It's a Daniel Defense DDM4 midlength. Complete upper that I mated to an Ardel Engineering lower. :thumbup:

IMG_1773.jpg

This is my "farkled" rifle. Its a BCM mid length 16" barrel. Eotech of course, flip back up sights, magpul stock and sling. :rockon:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the process of building one now. I have the lower mostly build. I have the barrel and gas block. So many parts are on backorder, it's not even funny!

Here's what my build will be/have:

Spikes Tactical lower receiver
RRA 2-stage match trigger/LPK with Ergo grip (thing feels awesome)
MAGPUL MOE Rifle stock (in NY, the stock has to be fixed, either build that way, or a collapsible has to be pinned)
DPMS 18" SST barrel (5.56/.223, though I wanted the .223 Wylde. Maybe on the next one) w/ rifle length gas system (undecided on which brake/comp to get. In NY, flash hiders are a no-no)
Midwest Industries 15" T-series free float
I'm looking at a Yankee Hill upper receiver but open to whatever affordable one is available first.
BCG I'm flexible on with respect to availability.
Will probably end up with a BCM charging handle.
MAGPUL MBUS flip up sights
Undecided on an optic at this point.

All in all this build is going to run me about $1100. The barrel, free float, and trigger/LPK bumped the price up quite a bit.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the process of building one now. I have the lower mostly build. I have the barrel and gas block. So many parts are on backorder, it's not even funny!

Here's what my build will be/have:

Spikes Tactical lower receiver
RRA 2-stage match trigger/LPK with Ergo grip (thing feels awesome)
MAGPUL MOE Rifle stock (in NY, the stock has to be fixed, either build that way, or a collapsible has to be pinned)
DPMS 18" SST barrel (5.56/.223, though I wanted the .223 Wylde. Maybe on the next one) w/ rifle length gas system (undecided on which brake/comp to get. In NY, flash hiders are a no-no)
Midwest Industries 15" T-series free float
I'm looking at a Yankee Hill upper receiver but open to whatever affordable one is available first.
BCG I'm flexible on with respect to availability.
Will probably end up with a BCM charging handle.
MAGPUL MBUS flip up sights
Undecided on an optic at this point.

All in all this build is going to run me about $1100. The barrel, free float, and trigger/LPK bumped the price up quite a bit.

tell me about it, 75% of parts are GONE! makes it hard to build another upper. my current one is chambered in .223 wylde and have yet to shoot 5.56 through it because the military seems to be stocking up right now and i cant find any in bulk. i just ran 60 nrds through it yesterday to sight in my scope, i just put a redfield revenge 6-18X44 on it and love it

im thinking the next upper that i build will be a carbine length chambered in .300 blackout, my neighbor has one for stalking hogs and says he loves it

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
tell me about it, 75% of parts are GONE! makes it hard to build another upper. my current one is chambered in .223 wylde and have yet to shoot 5.56 through it because the military seems to be stocking up right now and i cant find any in bulk. i just ran 60 nrds through it yesterday to sight in my scope, i just put a redfield revenge 6-18X44 on it and love it

im thinking the next upper that i build will be a carbine length chambered in .300 blackout, my neighbor has one for stalking hogs and says he loves it

I'm also planning to get a CMMG (or similar) .22LR conversion for this upper until I can build a dedicated .22 upper. I love shooting .22 because it's so cheap, but there's something to be said about the bang therapy that goes along with a "real" bullet.