The HIPAA Recreational Injury Technical Correction Act.”

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Fellow FZ'rs:

I found this issue on the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) website.

It appears that a loophole exists in the HIPAA where your health insurance company can legally deny you benefits if you are injured on your motorcycle?

Ya, that's right, potentially you could have to pay for your medical bills if you crash.

Please go to the AMA website: amadirectlink.com then click on "Rights" and then click on "Issues and Legislation". This will give you a link to email your Senator to support the above reference legislation and close this loophole so we are not second class citizens / policyholders to the cagers.

Take a moment and do it now, it is painless, but not having your medical bills paid is not.

Ride Safe,

Lewis

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oscar54: good steerage. I went to the site and fired off the boilerplate e-mail after personalizing it. True, aides will not bother to read it probably but it's still gotta do more good than do nothing.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where's the recreation if it's a daily driver? My truck became my occasional use playtoy the day I bought the bike.

By the way, a real honest to goodness snail mailed letter means a lot more than an e-mail.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where's the recreation if it's a daily driver? My truck became my occasional use playtoy the day I bought the bike.

By the way, a real honest to goodness snail mailed letter means a lot more than an e-mail.

True - But email matters, they can't ignore something if their servers are jammed with an issue, even if boilerplate.

Lewis

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I urge everybody to respond to this impending legislation. MC'ists, if we stick together, we can put forth a biggerto-be-reckoned-with group than NRA. Tue, snail mail is more effective; I might still fire off a USPS correspondence letter. Fight back! HD, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Buell, Truimph, BMW, Ducati, Vespa...all riders! Most of us acknowlege each other on the road.; we're a quite a big tight knit group already.