2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have seen it before. Move on please, just seen this today. I have netflix and couldn't find it....

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At first I was like meh once I saw RX7 but then I LOVED what he did to it, not that he threw in a V8 (though that was the first redemption because I hate rotaries) but there was so much care into everything and on such a budget...wow.

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
At first I was like meh once I saw RX7 but then I LOVED what he did to it, not that he through in a V8 (though that was the first redemption because I hate rotaries) but there was so much care into everything and on such a budget...wow.

I thought just the opposite I love rotaries. Had a first and second gen RX7. Would get a third gen if I could find one that hasn't been ruined by a want-ta-be racer.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought just the opposite I love rotaries. Had a first and second gen RX7. Would get a third gen if I could find one that hasn't been ruined by a want-ta-be racer.
I don't like the whole required rebuild part, I'll enjoy them in other people's cars where they're maintenance free to me :cheer:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
What rebuild part? You mean apex seals? My 88 turbo 2 had 173000 miles when I sold it with the original engine. As long as you change the oil regularly and use petroleum base oil they last forever with little maintenance.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What rebuild part? You mean apex seals? My 88 turbo 2 had 173000 miles when I sold it with the original engine. As long as you change the oil regularly and use petroleum base oil they last forever with little maintenance.
I guess so, I'm no rotary master but my friend is obsessed with them. His FD was fun for the week or so he owned it (crashed :( ) but the twin-turbos attributed a lot to its torqueyness I bet. Without the turbos I imagine they're pretty torqueless (RX8)