thinking of buying a yamaha dirtbike for stunting!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im gunna head out tommorow and the day after to go look at some cheap yami ttr125's to stunt...i always wanted to stunt my fz but too scared to crash it and F*** it up lol.:ban: my fz is my investment and i dont want to destroy it so im looking at some decent dirtbikes on craigslist for a good price. i really want to get a ttr125 bc i can install rear hand brake by the clutch lever! for those seat standing wheelies :BLAA:

check it out:
Installed handbrake on my TTR125 - Stunt Bike Forum

im looking to spend $800-$1000

wish me luck!

Why not, if you can find one and do it in a safe area, go for it:thumbup: I've always wanted a trials bike to fool around on and gain some skills...

Good Luck!!

I owned a ttr 125...was my first dirtbike! Great little bike.. although i will say it wheelies nicely... a YZ426F wheelies soooo much better :thumbup: bit more expensive but if you can afford one, i'd go for a slightly bigger bike... although my KX 125 was a badass little bike with alot of torque too :thumbup:

TTR125 is a 4 stroke, you can probably find a decent 125 2 stroke for $1K as well. I bought a '01 YZ125 that needed very little work for $1K, and I promise it will be WAY more fun than a TTR. :BLAA:

Aye, my kx was a 2 stroke... that thing i garuntee would do 90 and get there very quickly... could power wheelie like nobodys business and the power band is funner than anything else on two wheels imo

However for a slow speed stunt bike, not much beats a ttr 125...

Sounds like a good idea to me,just be sure and practice in a safe place,and wear all your safety gear.because there are gonna be Many Many wrecks,buy and build everything you can to protect the bike and it will save you alot of money in repairs. :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup:

TTR125 is a 4 stroke, you can probably find a decent 125 2 stroke for $1K as well. I bought a '01 YZ125 that needed very little work for $1K, and I promise it will be WAY more fun than a TTR. :BLAA:
you dont need extra horsepower to stunt a bike.Ive seen Harley dressers ride a wheelie !! :BLAA:

I GOT ONE!!! lol :BLAA:

tumblr_lp2s2azrEq1r0ntano9_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_lp2s2azrEq1r0ntano8_250.jpg

tumblr_lp2s2azrEq1r0ntano7_250.jpg

got the bike(2003), helmet, chest protector, and hitch carrier for the bike all for $1000!! bought it in clarksburg nj about 1hr40mins aways

gunna fix it up tommorow!

Pics of said bike being stunted (safely and legally of course) or it didn't happen. :thumbup:

Sprockets Qwick, sprockets...

Gratz on the bike! hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as i did with mine!

I GOT ONE!!! lol :BLAA:

tumblr_lp2s2azrEq1r0ntano9_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_lp2s2azrEq1r0ntano8_250.jpg

tumblr_lp2s2azrEq1r0ntano7_250.jpg

got the bike(2003), helmet, chest protector, and hitch carrier for the bike all for $1000!! bought it in clarksburg nj about 1hr40mins aways

gunna fix it up tommorow!
SWEET!! THATS A GOOD LOOKING BIKE!! and a great deal too !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :rockon:

i'll drop ya all the stuff i did to mine.... blew up engine :) bored it out... was actually more like a150cc after the bore...oh had hi performance piston rings and maybe a new cam? (i've rebuilt a few engines hard to remember what i did to each lol) think i had -1 sprocket in the front... custom exhaust head for better air flow... cut vents the the air box for better airflow to the engine... hi flow air filter.. hmm what else... might have gone up 1 or 2 in the back... although mighta done that on the yz426f... had a bbr something or other on it... sprocket i would expect.. i miss that bike :D but after i did all that stuff to it it would wheelie like nobodys business! could do a 3 mph wheelie or a 30 mph wheelie :D Enjoy it man, you bought a great bike!!

Thanks everybody! i was working on the bike all day today. the front tire needed a new tube $13, bleed the brakes ( they were the color of hennessy:spank:), cleaned and adjusted the chain(still rusty but no kinks anywhere :thumbup:), changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, cleaned and gaped the plug, ran A LOT of sea foam(on sale $7.99) thru it for about 15 mins(gotta clean up the carb)

i'll drop ya all the stuff i did to mine.... blew up engine :) bored it out... was actually more like a150cc after the bore...oh had hi performance piston rings and maybe a new cam? (i've rebuilt a few engines hard to remember what i did to each lol) think i had -1 sprocket in the front... custom exhaust head for better air flow... cut vents the the air box for better airflow to the engine... hi flow air filter.. hmm what else... might have gone up 1 or 2 in the back... although mighta done that on the yz426f... had a bbr something or other on it... sprocket i would expect.. i miss that bike :D but after i did all that stuff to it it would wheelie like nobodys business! could do a 3 mph wheelie or a 30 mph wheelie :D Enjoy it man, you bought a great bike!!

idk if im gunna do all the engine work but i might switch up the sprockets tho :thumbup:

since u had this bike already....the only problem im having is it wont remain idle for too long after i put down the choke...ive been messing w the idle screws no luck...any pointers??? would really appreciate it!!:D

Very Jealous. that looks like tons of fun.
Dont be go on craigslist!! a lot of deals!

Heh i wouldn't have done all the work either had i not blown it up... idle may have something to do with the air flow... i know this would happen to me if i soaked the air filter w/ too much oil, or if the air filter was to dirty. Not sure why the idle screw wasn't helping unless perhaps you might need the carb cleaned maybe? it runs fine otherwise though?

might need the carb cleaned maybe? it runs fine otherwise though?

cleaned the carb and when i push down the choke it will idle for about 2 min and then die unless i give it some gas...I looked at other forum n a lot of ppl say its the pilot jet valve(about $7) so im gunna replace it myself. just gotta figuree out how!

if you dont mind me asking how did u BLOW IT UP??:eek:

heres some pics of the first day of practice:

just got to the park, geared up! TIME TO UNLEASH THE FURY!!
tumblr_lp6p46Qcxx1r0ntano3_250.jpg

first attempts:
tumblr_lp6p46Qcxx1r0ntano5_250.jpg

getting a lil better :thumbup:
tumblr_lp6p46Qcxx1r0ntano7_250.jpg

Startin to get the hang of this thing!!!:rockon:
tumblr_lp6p46Qcxx1r0ntano8_250.jpg

OH SH** i almost ate it lol but didnt!!:eek:
tumblr_lp6p46Qcxx1r0ntano9_250.jpg

getting a lil crazy now!
tumblr_lp6p46Qcxx1r0ntano6_250.jpg

until next time.......

Ah right i think we rejetted it too, hehe....looks like your having alot of fun... me and my buddy used to jump gopher wholes on my ttr125 and him on his crf-150... and tried to do motocross stunts... that ended badly and quickly lol.... we got a backhoe recently and i made a pretty badass 4ft jump behind the house to use with the big bike, tons of fun :thumbup:

Looks like your havin a blast! makes me miss my old ttr, might have to get another one when the V is paid off :D

Back