This S#!t ain't funny no more!!!

I am saddened Travis, but I agree that you left noting on the table. You put in a more than reasonable effort.

I'll look for you on the part-out pages :-(

It's all good, I actually pretty much already got the bike sold, one of my good friends wants a project/back up/pain in the ass bike. He knows me quite well and how I have dogged the hell out of it so he knows what he's getting, I won't feel like I'm passing off my junk to someone else or screwin someone over so its all good. Ill get a little coin to go to a litre bike, he gets a toy, and I don't have to do this no moreView attachment 46949

You better come back and share all your stories! We'll miss that!

In memory of:
attachment.php

I don't plan on going anywhere, plus ill prolly end up with a fz1 anyways, although the z1000 is getting more and more appealing too. But the way I figure it, if I started with 9 lives, I still have 4 left, so there's at least 3 more "stories" yet to be told :BLAA:

Glad your sticking around, I'd miss the almost daily stories you provide!!!

I'd be curious how the new bike holds up compared to the old FZ6.

Also glad your buddies trying resurrect it too! Maybe he can post when its streetable again (charging/shifting, etc)..

By the way any of y'all have a clue why it won't go above 3rd gear?

Besides re-installing the oil pan, did you do anything else to the bike?

Also, when you try to shift upwards, (3rd and up gears) does the shifter move as usual or lock up? Do the lower gears (that do work) engaug and stay (especially the shifter) in gear?

Sounds like something exterior may be binding up with your shifter linkage.

The shifter drum (under where the small, short shifter shaft exits) has a roller mounted on a plate that's spring loaded and holds the shifter drum in a particular gear).

If you look up the post, (its long now) (AdamFZ), he's just torn down his transmission and has pictures of the above and then some!!!

Here it is: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/48071-broken-my-gears.html

The transmission shifter pic's are much later in the thread, start at about page 4...

Last edited:
Also talking about wondering about how the new bike would hold up? I know lots of people have way more miles on their bikes than me with hardly any issues, so I figure it comes down to 2 things. 1 either the bike has way more miles on it than I thought (different speedo from previous owner?) or maybe I just beat on it WAY too much. Even though I do beat the snot out of it, I'm also very meticulous about maintenance and upkeep. So maybe a liter bike would last me longer since I wouldn't be able to ride it WFO all the time and they are just plain stronger all around.

Besides re-installing the oil pan, did you do anything else to the bike?

Also, when you try to shift upwards, (3rd and up gears) does the shifter move as usual or lock up? Do the lower gears (that do work) engaug and stay (especially the shifter) in gear?

Sounds like something exterior may be binding up with your shifter linkage.

The shifter drum (under where the small, short shifter shaft exits) has a roller mounted on a plate that's spring loaded and holds the shifter drum in a particular gear).

If you look up the post, (its long now) (AdamFZ), he's just torn down his transmission and has pictures of the above and then some!!!

Here it is: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/48071-broken-my-gears.html

The transmission shifter pic's are much later in the thread, start at about page 4...

Other than the oil pan, I put a new oil filter on because I noticed a big dent in the bottom with a crack in it. I guess it's possible that what ever hit the pan and filter could have hit the shifter linkage too. And it has felt a little "sloppy" but I attributed that to going from the strom to the 6 and just getting used to the controls again. Ill take a look when I get home, but I'm not too worried at this point because its going to sit until my buddy picks it up.

I'm sure y'all are tired of listening to me bitchin but I figure I give y'all one more broken part before I part ways with the old girl. The right fork seal... I went out I think Tuesday for "one last hoorah" and stopped by this local church that has a massive parking lot (same one ive been practicing my drifting) and the preacher lets me hoon it up there, he said "well son, I don't much care for those 2 wheeled death machines but if your going to do it, might as well be here instead of out on the street" -verbatim- he's alright by me, even if he is a cranky ole man. My back tire is about fried from spinning so much so I was just practicing wheelies and what not, had a real nice clutch up almost at 12 o'clock then it popped outta gear and slammed down. I didn't notice it until about 4 or 5 times later when I got some oil on my visor and noticed my front brakes starting to fade. Lol just something else, broke, when I said I was going to park it, when I said I wasn't going to touch it, it a damn addicting piece of machinery that bike! I can't believe my buddy still wants it lol but he damn sure does, plus I'm giving him a pretty good deal so...
You see how high that oil line is?! Yeah that was a hard slam!
View attachment 47094

That poor bike, please, put it to rest and let your buddy fix er up while there's something left of it.. :thumbup:

And, can you have your buddy sign up and post pic's, updates of the bike being resurrected !!!

We'll be patiently waiting for pic's of the new bike, your shenanigans and how well she holds up too!

Back