Toyota, Love them Hate them?

Toyota love hem Hate them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my first truck was a 91 Dodge dakota dont get me wrong it was a pretty good little truck but at about 170,000 the motor was getting really noisey and so i went out and found me a 92 Toyota 4runner and i LOVE IT... i have had a few minor matinence problems with it (as expected for a 92 with 130,000 when i bought it) but other than that i cant complain its more comfortable to ride in then my stepdads 06 Toyota FJ is. but thats another good car by toyota

Yamaha isn't building Toyota engines. They have partnered for many years, dating back to the 60's, in developing motor designs though. Many of the head designs on current Toyota engines are from Yamaha engineering.

I've got a Jeep, and hope to be getting another one soon. It's American and it hasn't failed me yet. I'm expecting 250-300,000 miles out of it before a rebuild...then another 200,000 from what I've heard from other drivers.

I love my jeep, don't get me wrong, but with only 62K on it, i've replaced an alternator, had to replace the valve cover gasket, took them 2 years to figure out why it was misfiring on cyl 3 all the time (wound up being a chrysler issue with the fuel injectors getting too hot?), second set of plugs, and a new coil pack, plus the general maintenance like brakes, oil changes, transmission flush, etc. I'll never buy another one again. My grandmother has the same year as mine and the engine light came on in the dealer lot. Took them months to figure it out. I bought an OBDII reader when i kept having misfires.

I like toyota's but I am biased, not only do I own a 93 Lexus, but also a 2009 Camry, did have a 06 Tundra until I got the Camry. Course I also work for them as well or at least a Toyota/Lexus/Scion Dealership. I have worked for Lexus for the last 10 years or so!

My 1992 XtraCab, which I bought new, just turned over 200,000 miles last summer when someone ran a stopsign and totalled it. :( While going thru my files I realized she'd been in the shop for unscheduled maintenance, in 15 years, only five times! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
A shiny new '07 Tacoma now graces my driveway . :cheer: A shiny new Payment book now graces my desk... :mad:
I test-drove a couple Solara convertibles before buying my current Saab; while I have no doubt they'd last longer and be more trouble-free, they just didn't have the road feel, nor the thrust, like my Saab does; bland, as so many here have said. That's okay.

I've never owned a Toyota, and most likely never will. I have nothing against the company per se, but there just isn't anything about any Toyota that excites me. If I were to get a foreign truck, it would probably be a Nissan.... but I have to say I'd take an F-150 or a Silverado over any foreign truck any day. I was raised on old Ford's, from Model T's to Mustangs. I currently drive an Escape and will probably buy an F-150 after I run the Escape into the ground.

I suppose I'd buy a Toyota if the price was right, but honestly.... every one I've ever seen has been over priced.

Back