TPS sync with PC3

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys, just had some emails with a knowledgeable guy from
Dynojet about some stuff. While I'm waiting over the weekend for another reply, could any of you quickly tell me how to sync up the TPS with the Power Commander? He said they come adjusted, but also said it's always a good idea to double check it because every bike is a little different.
I can't seem to find it anywhere in the installation instructions or online. I'm likely looking in the wrong place.

- Troy

What do you mean TPS sync? TPS as in Throttle Position Sensor? You can't actually adjust that, and you shouldn't have to.

Installing a powder commander will not affect anything major. If your TPS is out of spec, it should be replaced, but only 2005's had that problem.

Do you mean Throttle Body sync?

LOL...okay, I guess maybe I used the wrong terminologicalality there.

What I was referring to is the throttle position, or throttle opening matching
how much the PC3 says I have the throttle open. I did figure out how to check
it in the Dynojet software, under Power Commander Tools, Throttle Position
Sync...or something like that. I can't remember, and I'm writing this at work.

Anyway, they do set it at the factory, but it was a bit off on my bike. With throttle
closed, it was saying I had it open 2 percent. Something did feel just a bit off,
and this morning, after the fix, it felt different. Better.:cheer:

Hmm, I was unaware that you can change the settings inside the software.
I've noticed that with the throttle closed it says 2% open also. I never payed attention to it because it runs great.

Try resetting that, and it'll run even better. At least I think mine does.
I'm not saying it's night & day, but it's not putting fuel where it doesn't belong now.

Back