Turn signals

Redonthehead

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw the turn signal help thread but didnt want to hijack it with mine as my problem is kinda the same but different. The turn signals on the right side work both front and back but the left side nothing front and back but the front left one lights up when I start the bike. running lights work lol. am I looking at a switch issue or wiring? I have swapped the rear bulbs to see if that was it, aint, the fronts are led flush mount I have ordered the fender eliminator kit so will be using led strips on new set up. I dont know ****e about electrical but i do have voltage testers the mechanical side of things I am well versed in and my electrical guy just got the Trump free ride back home and aint back yet lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bajeezuz! Lol!

Here are wire color codes that I had posted on that other thread.

If you have one of those 12 volt test lights it'll make it easy to find your turn signal. If someone rigged up resistors to make the OEM flasher, to flash at the correct rate I would go to that rat's nest for an answer. If it's already got a electronic flasher and no load resisters use my color chart to see if the correct wires are hooked up. LED stalks are also polarity dependent and will not light if the wires are reversed. It won't hurt them. They will just not work and when you put them in the correct polarity they will work as long as they're good.

Too bad I'm not going to see my cousin soon or I'd stop by and help out. :)

You can see the front OEM lights have a running light wire (blue or Blue with red tracer) but it is usually not used when people switch to LED. If you have a lamp lighting with the key on, something is probably wired incorrectly

Here:
Left front turn signal with running light. That's two filament per bulb in the front.
Chocolate colored wire= turn signal filament.
Blue colored wire= running light filament.
Black wire= Ground or negative.

Right front turn signal with running light.
Dark green colored wire= turn signal filament.
Blue with a red tracer colored wire= running light filament.

Left rear turn signal.
Chocolate colored wire= turn signal filament.

Right rear turn signal.
Dark green colored wire= turn signal filament.

Brake light
Yellow colored wire = brake light
Blue colored wire = running light

Last edited: