Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have been to The Netherlands and Belgium so we know how special and amazing Europe is and can't wait to experience the UK and Scotland.

Just remember they ride on the correct side of the road in the UK and as I found out in Italy in September, even on a bike it can take some getting used to when you change sides :D

Edit: Scotland is STILL part of the UK....

Last edited:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I just found out today from my mum that I have English, Welsh, and Scots (a tad bit of Irish) in my ancestory from her side. Look out UK, I'm coming home....

We have decided we aren't riding this trip. We need to get a feel for the lay of the land first. Next time for sure. Probably riding rail mostly. We are planning a trip through the Candadian Rockies this summer on the bikes. Still negotiating where and how many days. I'm arguing for the month of July. Hubby says 10 days max. We will see who wins this one. lol

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Shame you guys are not on the bikes, think you'll love it, but let me know when you're over in London and will try and meet up for a few beers :)

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Well we have the trip all planned out.
4 days in London then to Bath for a night via rail.

Then on to Hinkley.
My buddies at my local Triumph dealer got us a private tour of the Triumph factory. I am so excited. You would think we trying to visit the White House or Pentagon. We had to give a lot of personal info. But it should be worth it. The owner of our local Triumph dealer did a tour last summer. He said they wore electronic badges that tracked them through the factory. I guess they are worried about spying or something.

We will spend a couple days in the Lake District and then on to Edinburgh. We will be there 3 days. Hubby got us reservations at a castle there. As my students call me the "Queen" of our classroom, finally the Queen will stay where she belongs. lol

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Terrific! That would be fun. We are staying near Paddington Station. We arrive on March 30 in afternoon. We'll be in London until morning of April 2.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Terrific! That would be fun. We are staying near Paddington Station. We arrive on March 30 in afternoon. We'll be in London until morning of April 2.

Cool, in theory I should around then but as a freelancer who knows lol
I do work over that way sometimes. If you've got wheels or fancy public transport, the Ace Cafe ain't too far from there.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, in theory I should around then but as a freelancer who knows lol
I do work over that way sometimes. If you've got wheels or fancy public transport, the Ace Cafe ain't too far from there.

I checked out the Ace Cafe website. It looks so cool! We will definately check it out. It would be great to go there with a local!!

I'll PM you when it gets closer. We are really looking forward to going to the UK and Scotland.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
We had a lovely visit to England and Scotland. We can't wait to pop on over for another visit, this time on bikes. We drove some great roads up by the Lake District and into Scotland. We brought the nice California weather with us, so lots of folks were out riding (it's was over the Easter bank holiday). We were very jealous of all the lucky people riding.

We enjoyed visiting with Nivag at Ace Cafe. Thanks for telling us about that. We went to a MotoGP race watching BBQ today with some riding friends of ours and wore our Ace Cafe t-shirts. We were envied by all.

Since I'm mostly over my jetlag, I took my new Street Triple out for a short ride yesterday. I'm up to 182 miles on her. 18 more miles and I can go to 8K rpm. Yippee!!! We found some roundabouts to ride through just as a reminder of our trip to England. A planned community near us has about 8 roundabouts through their community. It's a bit out of our way but we enjoyed it anyway.

Tomorrow is back to work for us...:spank:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
We had a lovely visit to England and Scotland. We can't wait to pop on over for another visit, this time on bikes. We drove some great roads up by the Lake District and into Scotland. We brought the nice California weather with us, so lots of folks were out riding (it's was over the Easter bank holiday). We were very jealous of all the lucky people riding.

We enjoyed visiting with Nivag at Ace Cafe. Thanks for telling us about that. We went to a MotoGP race watching BBQ today with some riding friends of ours and wore our Ace Cafe t-shirts. We were envied by all.

Since I'm mostly over my jetlag, I took my new Street Triple out for a short ride yesterday. I'm up to 182 miles on her. 18 more miles and I can go to 8K rpm. Yippee!!! We found some roundabouts to ride through just as a reminder of our trip to England. A planned community near us has about 8 roundabouts through their community. It's a bit out of our way but we enjoyed it anyway.

Tomorrow is back to work for us...:spank:
Good meeting you guys, glad you enjoyed the trip and bringing the weather too :D