up and back bar risers

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I would try some up and back bar risers to see if it would help with hand numbness but not sure if I want to spend a lot if I don't like them so thought I would see if any forum members had some lying about that they would like to sell. Let me know if you have anything. I can get a new set on fleabay for around $50 including shipping so I'm looking to spend less than that.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
SW Motech have some handlebar riser/bar backs that fit perfectly without any problems, but they are pricey.

I installed Pro Grip Gel Grips to keep the numbing down. A fatter grip helped more than the riser bar-backs.

I have these grips right now which are a fatter type but seem to be made of rubber.

Road/Street Grips - Oury Grip USA

I too think I will go to a gel type grip and was looking at set of these.

https://www.motomummy.com/grips/driven-d-axis-grips/

As well as giving this dohicky a try.

Crampbuster - CB1

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"Grip puppies":

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Puppy-Comfort-Grips-M15-GRIPPUPPY/dp/B008FD6DXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403176053&sr=8-1&keywords=grip+puppies+motorcycle"]Amazon.com: Grip Puppy Comfort Grips: Automotive[/ame]

Or similar. that actually go over your grips help alot.

They do take a little getting used to with the larger diameter, but definitly get rid of some of the vibs and also extends the life of your grips greatly.

Highly recommended.

BTW, depending on your age/height, I found just the 1" risers were not enough.
I ended up with 1" up, 1" & 3/8" back, MUCH more comfy now, no more "push ups"...

Last edited:

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, depending on your age/height, I found just the 1" risers were not enough.
I ended up with 1" up, 1" & 3/8" back, MUCH more comfy now, no more "push ups"...

When I bought the bike it came with FZ1 bars and I was thinking of switching to
FZ6R bars but thought I would try risers as an easier alternative so hopefully I'm not leaning on my wrists as much.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6R bars but thought I would try risers as an easier alternative so hopefully I'm not leaning on my wrists as much.

I'm about 5'8, and with my cyrrent set up, very, very little (I'm 55) pressure on the arms/wrists if any. Piece of cake now. Your cables / wires should fit without an issue.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I ran the fz6r bars for awhile, really liked them. They are the height of stock bars and the pullback is half way between stock and fz1 bars.

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I already have the fz 1 bars but feel like I'm doing push-ups on the bike. I would go with fz6r bars but I'd rather just add risers. What is the most rise and pullback I can go with my setup?