UV affected Plastics

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys,
I need suggestions on bringing back the colors of my bike back to (close to) new.

I would like to know what you guys use for plastics and paint on metal (like tank and wheels).

1. Mother Back to Black for plastics; probably similar form Turtle wax or Meguiars
2. Maxima SC 1 silicon coating spray for tires, plastics and metal (I know, I will not use of motorcycle tires).
3. Honda Polish.

First signs of UV damage
I was lurking on this thread, but, I prefer to hear from you guys..!
Any other you suggest?
Thanks.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Raj,

The sun is even stronger down here.

Besides what you use, I'll either park farther away under a shade tree, or bring my Geza ( GEZA GEAR | Stretch Fit Custom Motorcycle Covers ) stretchable cover (very light weight) and use that. You can put in on pretty quick and don't have to wait for the bike to cool down.

Its not cheap but its about 10 years old now and still working..

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Raj,

The sun is even stronger down here.

Besides what you use, I'll either park farther away under a shade tree, or bring my Geza ( GEZA GEAR | Stretch Fit Custom Motorcycle Covers ) stretchable cover (very light weight) and use that. You can put in on pretty quick and don't have to wait for the bike to cool down.

Its not cheap but its about 10 years old now and still working..

Usually, at work, I park in a closed environment, but at home, sometimes, it is hard to find the tree shade.
But, my plastics on the controls and mirrors, kind of faded already, so,I want to restore and start using the UV protective cover I bought off of ebay.

UV Protector Waterproof Outdoor motorbike Rain Dust Bike Motorcycle Cover XXL | eBay

BTW, I don't have a top case or anything like that, to carry the stretchable cover, I'm not that caring about the paint, after all it is a daily commuter and I should expect the wear and tear. I just want to bring back, some of the dark goodness.

Current status of the bike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ak814YvS8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: