Wales Tour 2010

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
Had myself a much overdue 3 day trip! Uploaded a few pics to a gallery:

Wales Tour 2010 - FZ6-Forum Community Photo Gallery

There was myself, and a friend on his SV650.. riding two up with his better half.

After some issues on Fri morning we had to cut some mileage from the first day but still had a blast. Plus, we had minimal rain :eek: I was amazed!

Spotted plenty of FZ1s, but only one other (black) FZ6 - on the last day heading down the coast around Porthmadog

Things that made life easy - Zuru link straps and a cramp buster, highly rated!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, Nice pics. It looks like a great route, through the Brecon beacons and Snowdonia national park :thumbup:.

I'm really jealous now. I'll have to take a longer ride sometime soon myself.

Nice pics, but you didn't tour the most beautiful part - Monmouthshire - where I'm from :D

Born Newport, raised Caldicot, moved to NZ then Aus

CYMRU AM BYTH

Looks like a fun trip. Great pictures. What's the castle? How many miles did you go? Thanks

Total miles were around 400, was just about right over 3 days.. meant we didn't find ourselves rushing anywhere. The castle is at Caernarfon, where we stopped for the second night.

@ Kazza - ahh guilty as charged! I have two sisters, one in Gloucester and one in Reading. When I go to see them I usually take the scenic route through Abergavenny, Monmouth, Coleford etc so will have to snap some pics next time :D I guess you have alot of road to choose from in NZ or Aus?!

Now I'm feeling homesick... Done a very similar route a few years ago by car. Obviously 100 times better by FZ6!

Great pictures :)

Diolch yn fawr

@ Kazza - ahh guilty as charged! I have two sisters, one in Gloucester and one in Reading. When I go to see them I usually take the scenic route through Abergavenny, Monmouth, Coleford etc so will have to snap some pics next time :D I guess you have alot of road to choose from in NZ or Aus?!

Plenty of roads in Aus. I'm in Western Australia - very long and desolate roads here, unlike the Eastern States.

Looking forward to seeing your pics next time you drive though to the Severn Bridge :D

Last edited:
Nice pics, but you didn't tour the most beautiful part - Monmouthshire - where I'm from :D

Born Newport, raised Caldicot, moved to NZ then Aus

CYMRU AM BYTH

Nice area, I have been walking around that area several times and canoeing on the river Wye, but never been on bike.
BTW Kazza I think you mean the Severn bridge ;)

Back