Washing the bike

bond2penny

Reaction score
Visit site
After coming back from Slough on Sat fternoon the bike looked a sorry stae as it seems the rain followed me allthe way to Malborough, so by the time I got home was cver in road dirt, I just wash as a would the car soap and water, then when it has dried out a little I use a soft cloth and wd40 all over it cleans the wheels a treat and all the bodywork it even removes splatters of grease from the chain, then it looks good as new until the next time.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After coming back from Slough on Sat fternoon the bike looked a sorry stae as it seems the rain followed me all the way to Malborough, so by the time I got home was cover in road dirt, I just wash as a would the car soap and water, then when it has dried out a little I use a soft cloth and wd40 all over it cleans the wheels a treat and all the bodywork it even removes splatters of grease from the chain, then it looks good as new until the next time.

You use wd-40 on the whole bike? or just the wheels?

bond2penny

Reaction score
Visit site
WD 40 on everything, paintwork as well, spray on a clean cloth use the same cloth all through your clean even after taking off any grease from around left hand fairing you can clean the paint work and it does not leave any grease behind, buff up after if required or during with a clean cloth.

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,
You haven't got the manual for a 3 year-old (female) have you?
I seem to have some operational misfires with the age compatibility.
My Two - nearly Three has started to have a regular missfire that sounds like.

Dad "Darling please can you get me this (usually beer"?
Daughter (nearly three) Why? Why? Why? (misfire).
Even after repeated re-starts The Why? Why? misfire cuts in.

I am getting a bit dispondent with this problem. Hope you can help any way of some cheeky MOD.

Thanks

A thirsty dad.

Hummm....nothing that time will not fix. Just don't ask me why!

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Just washed the bike and both cages yesterday - used a hose, a bucket, some soap and some water - then like a few others have mentioned, I used air to dry it all off, though I used the compressed variety and a blow gun rather than a reversed shop vac - but the end result is the same.

Now I will have to search for the debate about wax....as I just put a fresh coat on the tank and a few other pieces yesterday...

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just ride through one of the automated car washes---you know, the one that some gas stations have? I don't think I've ever seen a sign prohibiting motorcycles. Note: wear your swim suit.

aaronrosencrans

Reaction score
Visit site
Papa Rosencrans told me he's been using that Mr. Clean car wash stuff on his motorcycle. He said it works like a charm without leaving any spots. He's got a Harley with lots of chrome...putputputputput

I was considering giving that stuff a try...otherwise I have been using this blue cleaning solution made specially for motorcycles. One of those things you can use with water or by itself with a rag for detailing. I can't remember what it's called, but when I get back, I'll post something.

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, this is what you do to wash your bike
-Step one, go for a ride
-Step two, Get some nice looking girls
-Step three, step back and watch them clean in their bikinis
Now that is a great bike wash!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, this is what you do to wash your bike
-Step one, go for a ride
-Step two, Get some nice looking girls
-Step three, step back and watch them clean in their bikinis
Now that is a great bike wash!

Does that mean I have to get hot guys in speedos to wash my bike?
Wait.... that's not sexy at all... :(

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,
You haven't got the manual for a 3 year-old (female) have you?
I seem to have some operational misfires with the age compatibility.
My Two - nearly Three has started to have a regular missfire that sounds like.

Dad "Darling please can you get me this (usually beer"?
Daughter (nearly three) Why? Why? Why? (misfire).
Even after repeated re-starts The Why? Why? misfire cuts in.

I am getting a bit dispondent with this problem. Hope you can help any way of some cheeky MOD.

Thanks

A thirsty dad.

Now see, you just need to get her a copy of the 'Baby Be of Use' books! Specifically this one: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Mix-Me-Drink-Use/dp/1932416455/ref=pd_sim_b_title_1]Baby Mix Me a Drink (Baby Be of Use): Lisa Brown: Books[/ame].

Other useful ones include "Baby Make Me Breakfast" and "Baby Fix My Car". I don't have kids myself, but the young nephews are coming along nicely! :D

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding washing bike: I suggest that one sink a beer before, during, or after. It'll make the whole business more understandable.

H

HavBlue

I only wet wash the street bikes 2-3 times a year. They're not generally allowed to get dirty enough to need the hose but when I do wet wash them I rinse them as opposed to using a nozzle with any relative pressure behind it. They are always cold when I wash them and I have yet to have any problems starting them up. I use the blow end of a Shop-Vac to dry them off.