agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the name says it all
But I ran into a woman from work half way through the "spin" and she said "Have a blast" so it coulda been titled thus: goin' for a blast

Any way only a few pics below.
Started out meeting my mate Eugene, we get out once or twice a year and this is probably our last ride for a longish time as he is moving to Queensland.
We met at the local 7/11 with rain drizzling, the forecast was for showers clearing, fingers crossed!!
I had all my wet gear on over draggins and leather jacket, Eugene was already well drenched.
we took off to the Eastern Freeway and got well dumped on a couple of times before hitting the East link freeway to the peninsular. Man what a boring run, 75 minutes of 100-120 kmh freeway. Got to the Mount Martha turnoff and E indictated coffee? a nod of the head and we turned to the coast. It was really nice to hit suburbia 60 k's an hour but actually needing to really think about traffic, terrain,gear choice, and where the F*** are we heading anyway???? cofffffeeeee and a loo stop, a meeting with Indra from work, words of encouragement (and envy) then to Arthurs Seat via the coast road around the bay to Dromana. A bit of a ZIG ZAG through traffic then up the mountain. Its not huge about 5-6 minutes will get you to the top, but some really tight corners, you cant see through and recommended speeds of 15 kmh through some of the corners. I'm a bit rusty on twisties and I found that I favour a left hander over a right and Eugene told me later he's the exact opposite. so we get to the last but one lookout where the first pic was taken, the weather had cleared for us the sun was shining and we had a big sky before us, the photo just doesnt do it justice.
We took the road down the back of Arthurs Seat back into Rosebud on the coast. No dramas except the speed limit, and not a copper in sight all day-bliss! we headed down to Sorrento and the ferry across to Queenscliff.
I'll let you look up the geography but you'll see that Sorrento and Queenscliff are on the opposing heads of the inlet to Port Phillip Bay.
so the other pics are our bikes with the array of Harleys and one Honda cruiser. They still didn't wave but some of them at least acknowledged we were there!
40 minutes later we arrived at Queenscliff, (the other few shots of indiscriminate coast line). Its actually a nice spot to go for a weekend getaway with your significant other- I've been with Kez down there for a night on the blues train....but I digress, thats another story!

So a very quick bite to eat, a run through Geelong and then more (50minutes) freeway back to Melbourne.
Not the greatest earth shattering ride, but if you are stuck in the depths of winter and can't get out at all I guess any ride is better than none even if its only reading about it.
For my last ride (for a while) with Eugene, it was nice to get out for "a blast"

Ride safe thanks for reading

Last edited: