We've lost our other baby today.....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Kazza,
She was well loved and treated with the kindest dignity when her time came. Sadly we often fail to do this with people.

Nelly

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your kind words

Last night was horrible. I keep looking for her on her mat. The house is so quiet.
Right to the end that bloody tail of hers kept wagging - she was such a happy girl
As Donny said, my girls are together again

View attachment 42189View attachment 42190

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Sotex

Reaction score
Visit site
So very sorry to read this.

Just two weeks ago we lost a cherished greyhound who would've been 13 today. These amazing companions enter our lives and then are gone far too soon.

It sounds as though she had a wonderful life, and was very, very fortunate to have you caring for her to the end.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My sympathies guys.

I have a timber shepherd bitch (she's actually a nice dog!), a Rhodesian ridgeback male and my Tiddy Puss.

Obviously I love my dogs - and they love me (my ridgeback smiles when he sees me!) and losing either of them will affect me badly, but I bought my Tiddy Puss from the pound for my wife's birthday before we were married.

I have always had animals, so I expect it's no surprise my wife's cat became my Tiddy Puss - and she's 14 this year, but still acts young.

I will be a blubbering fool when she passes, so I can understand your feelings.

I'm still hoping for an anti-aging concoction for cats as she gives me unconditional love. (whereas the dogs love me for food!)

I hope you find a filler for the gaping hole in your affection, and I have no doubt the new addition will be richer for your love.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sad news & much much sympathy Karen & Mike :( may they run together through the paddock of hapiness for eternity......

Terrible time to be apart , how are you both holding up ??

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not easy but Mike will be home tomorrow night - can't wait to see him again.

I don't think my house has EVER been so clean. I can't stop cleaning it. Vacuumed the cars, washed the floors (to be honest, you could have probably eaten off the before I cleaned them again). Keeping me busy I suppose. Mum and dad are coming over for mothers day tomorrow - I'll be making a lasagna and some lamington cupcakes later. Again, keeping me busy.

In my mind, I don't think I could ever have another dog. I know it's early days but it hurts so much right now :(

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my mind, I don't think I could ever have another dog. I know it's early days but it hurts so much right now :(

Don't deprive yourself and the potential pet of the love you so obviously share.

I understand you are grieving at the moment, but there are many, many dogs at the pound that need love - and better than seeing them destroyed, think of the love and affection you could give to another being, just for the sake of it - and think of the unconditional love returned.

I'm a strong advocate of getting pound animals - I reckon they've seen how bad life can be and appreciate it more when they're a member of a household.

That's my thoughts anyway.

Just never forget the good times you and your animals shared.

Cheers,
Rick

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It was good to see 14 years as faithful critter. . . Very sorry for your loss Karen and Mike. If only we could be so good as to never judge as they do. . .

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't deprive yourself and the potential pet of the love you so obviously share.

I understand you are grieving at the moment, but there are many, many dogs at the pound that need love - and better than seeing them destroyed, think of the love and affection you could give to another being, just for the sake of it - and think of the unconditional love returned.

I'm a strong advocate of getting pound animals - I reckon they've seen how bad life can be and appreciate it more when they're a member of a household.

That's my thoughts anyway.

Just never forget the good times you and your animals shared.

Cheers,
Rick
+ 1 on the faithful pound pet. All my dogs come from there.
Nelly

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Karen, and Mike,
just caught up with your sad news.
When I lost both my cats a month to the day I was devastated, I still remember them with the greatest of fondness, treasure the memories, they last forever.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel ya Kaz:(,had to do the same to our 14yr staffie China last friday.:(

All the best:thumbup: