what does this symbol mean?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
no biggy, just wondering, i know what all the other thread symbols mean... but what does this one mean...

thread_dot_hot.gif

its the only one where i dont see it in the bottom "key"

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it means that you have at least 1 post in that thread. if you put your mouse over the symbol and don't move for a second then actually tells you what it is for...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, when i mouse over any symbol they all say "you have XX posts in this thread, Last XX/XX/XXXX" none of them tell me what they mean.. oh well..

TKarrade

Software Simian
Reaction score
www.playeralliance.com
It means two things.

1. It's a 'hot' thread. (More than 15 replies or 150 views) That is why it's a red color. Non-hot threads are blue.
2. It means you have posted in this thread. That's where the little arrow comes in.

I run a VBulletin forum elsewhere. :)

If you scroll to the very bottom of the forum menu you'll see a key of what some different icons mean.

thread_new.gif
thread.gif
No New Posts
thread_lock.gif
Thread is closed
thread_hot_new.gif
HOT Thread with new posts
thread_hot.gif
HOT Thread with no new posts.
thread_dot.gif
You have posted in this thread.

So your icon is a combination of #5 and #6

There's icons for other things that aren't displayed in the key. Like locked threads,
thread_dot_hot_lock.gif
thread moved,
thread_moved.gif
and announcements
announcement_new.gif

TKarrade

Software Simian
Reaction score
www.playeralliance.com
i'm glad that at least someone knows how thew forum works...:hug:
Heh, yep. I love VBulletin. Been using it for years on a gaming website I run. I bet you guys also didn't know you can change the forum style.

Scroll down to the bottom left of the page and look for a little drop down box. It probably says --MNS7. There's also an --UndergroundStyle that uses a black background and different font colors. Helps if you have a really bright LCD monitor or something.

You can download or buy different themes for your forum. I often use a 'halloween' theme during October. It's usually an easy drop-in and can completely change the look and feel of a site with new icons.
forum_new.gif
lastpost.gif