What does your FZ6 sound like while rolling in neutral?

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
If I'm going at around 30mph and pull in the clutch, release the throttle, the bike rolls forward on momentum and I can listen for sounds other than engine noise.

I hear some creaking and faint repetitive oscillating sounds, like maybe the brake rotor is touching the caliper.

You guys ever do this? What does a healthy FZ6 sound like when it's rolling?

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
I just tried this going <10mph in the parking lot and didn't hear anything. I'll try to remember to try this again on my way home and let you know.

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
If I'm going at around 30mph and pull in the clutch, release the throttle, the bike rolls forward on momentum and I can listen for sounds other than engine noise.

I hear some creaking and faint repetitive oscillating sounds, like maybe the brake rotor is touching the caliper.

You guys ever do this? What does a healthy FZ6 sound like when it's rolling?

You will hear chain slapping noises among other odd noises. Keep the power on and in gear as to not drive yourself crazy.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Technically, you aren't in neutral. You're in gear with the clutch pulled in. This may sound different than actually being in neutral and coasting, which is normal.

I'd say chain as well... possibly rotor. If it really bothers you, grab a hill and try with engine off in N and in gear with clutch pulled in to see if you can better pinpoint the sound.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
there will be a slight sound from the brakes as they touch it ever so slightly, you can test if they turn easily on paddock stands

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
My rear wheel spins on the centerstand but stops very quickly because the rear brake is touching the rotor.

I think that and the chain is what I'm hearing.

I will take Powerman's advice and not drive myself crazy over it.