what is your favorite????????

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Me and another ex-army guy were shooting the $h*t and we were discussing what some of our favorite times were in the military. So here I ask what was/is your favorite...
1. Weapon system to fire?
Un-mounted:240 Bravo
Mounted: Mark 19 on a hummer
2.Vehicle to ride/drive?
M1A1 Abrams tank was fun to drive but too big, M113A3 was an absolute beast!
3.Field training you did?
I dont remeber what we were training "for", but I got to be a door gunner for opposing force in a UH-60 Blackhawk (yeeeee haw!)
4.Type of unit you were in (ie; Armor, Air Assault, Infantry, Headquarters, etc)
Air Assault Infantry (never thought jumping out of a perfectly good helicopter could be so much fun! but the walking after sucked!)

how about you?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think in terms of the most absolute fun I've had in the Army was a light infanty force on force, movement to contact exercise we did at 11B BNCOC. It was squad sized elements manuvering on each other. Started with one hellva fire fight, lots of smoke and gernade simulators. I was the last man standing in my platoon and I used classic individual movement techniques to bound to the last machine gun nest. I bound from body to body using the fallen for cover. Finally got the angle I wanted "threw" two gernade sims and lit them up with the M16! It was 45 degrees out and after that 20 to 25 minutes action I felt like I had run a marathon and was soaking wet. My reward? a 12 mile road march back to camp!

For an individual weapon I like the M203 Gernade Launcher from the M16.

Crew serve MG - Gotta be the Browning M2 .50

The Commanders Weapon Station from the M1 is pretty cool.

And of course free gunning the M19 from a HUMVEE is a gas too.