What Maintenance Should Be Done Before Selling?

FZ6 Gotta Go!

Reaction score
Visit site
Long time FZ6 owner and couldn't wait to pick one up when they hit the market in 2004.

Now, sadly my riding days are limited and I need to pass the beauty onto a new owner.

I've replaced brakes, changed oil/filter, cleaned/lubed chain, washed and detailed it better than it has looked in years. Tires have under 3,000 miles on them.

Anything basic that I'm missing if it runs great?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat (see my "Oh Bother" thread).
My safety inspection expired, although if you only have a month or so on yours (if you have one) I'd let the new owner worry about that. New oil, good tires, and as long as the battery's good enough to start her one last time, you're golden.
I had to spoon on some new tires ($420), replace fork seals ($250) and now tonight they left a message, the leaky seals killed my front brakes ($TBD). Again, "Oh Bother!"

FZ6 Gotta Go!

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat (see my "Oh Bother" thread).
My safety inspection expired, although if you only have a month or so on yours (if you have one) I'd let the new owner worry about that. New oil, good tires, and as long as the battery's good enough to start her one last time, you're golden.
I had to spoon on some new tires ($420), replace fork seals ($250) and now tonight they left a message, the leaky seals killed my front brakes ($TBD). Again, "Oh Bother!"

Went through replacing those fork seals a couple seasons ago. And just like you said, that was it for the front brakes.

Don't have safety inspections fortunately.

Do you let potential buyers test ride?