Will 2009 Gold R6 rims fit a 2007 FZ6?

that looks great! but are the rims any lighter than our stocks ones? got to find a excuse to change 1 pair myself. :BLAA:

Those look awesome!! Did you do the work yourself or have a shop do it? I'm curious if they were bolt on or you had to monkey with anything.

Thanks. I took the wheels off the bike and the shop swapped the tires. The were direct bolt on.

Only thing different are the collars.
The R6 collars have a plastic dust cap around the collar and they the made from Aluminum.

The Fz6 Collars have no dust cap and the collars are made from a heavier alloy.

They interchange but I am concerned the r6 ones are just a collar that Yamaha uses to ship the wheels in the crate with a new bike?

I used the R6 ones. The mechanic in the shop said those are the ones he would have used. But I still want to make sure

I am going to the parts dept tomorrow and ask to see a 2009 r6 collar for front and back.

The wheels are the same part number as well.

One note about the R6 rims, the sprocket is a 525 on the stock r6 where fz6 is 530. So don't use the r6 sprocket. I think the rotor may not be the same either.

The rims are fine and our sprocket and rotors will transfer over to them.

Looks really good. I like the red with gold rims. Maybe white would be better who knows. I know black would be nice tool. Either way, glad they fit; I don't know of any others with gold rims.

Dennis

Back