Worst drivers thread......What vehicles to be wary of

Not loving: Cyclists riding two plus abreast during peak hour & Suits on Scoots overtaking other riders @ 70kph+ like its Kuta. You know who your are. ATGATT!
Loving: The blokes in souped up (insert make/model here), who hear those screaming Two Bro pipes and look to burn you at the lights
Loving even more: Bouncing it off the red at the lights, then watching them dump it, caning off down the road, to only glide serenly past as they are discussing their enthusiastic driving with law enforcment officers.
Simple pleasures!:D

Personal pet peeves at the moment: Cyclists riding two or more abreast on narrow roads in a 100 zone doing, I don't know 40-50 (or far less up the hills).

Cyclists during peak and buses having issues overtaking them causing traffic to crawl... then finally everyone gets past only to hit a red light... and for the cyclist to split up the side again. :cheer:

We need more bike lanes, no doubt... or at the very least, bike paths that don't wind all over the place like a drunkard... and go nowhere in particular that is at all useful in a commuting sense.

You'd think with all my dislike toward bicycles that I didn't ride one... but I do... I ride a mountain bike to work (20km) on the odd occaision ... altho I tend to ride on footpaths a hell of a lot... more fun to terrorize pedestrians.

Personal pet peeves at the moment: Cyclists riding two or more abreast on narrow roads in a 100 zone doing, I don't know 40-50 (or far less up the hills).

Cyclists during peak and buses having issues overtaking them causing traffic to crawl... then finally everyone gets past only to hit a red light... and for the cyclist to split up the side again. :cheer:

We need more bike lanes, no doubt... or at the very least, bike paths that don't wind all over the place like a drunkard... and go nowhere in particular that is at all useful in a commuting sense.

You'd think with all my dislike toward bicycles that I didn't ride one... but I do... I ride a mountain bike to work (20km) on the odd occaision ... altho I tend to ride on footpaths a hell of a lot... more fun to terrorize pedestrians.

Really agreeing with you there Boars. Better cycle lanes, more of them, and more pedestrian terrorism. :D
(Also - Love your location. True aussies drop the 'L'. Respect. :thumbup:)

i hate daewoos ( i know they are out of production and have been taken by chevrolet) but an old daewoo driver decided to cut me out whilst i was riding out of a roundabout! oh and taxi drivers!

I am actually constantly amazed at how ****ing selfish bicycle riders are.
As commented above they ride several abreast and clog the roads up.

BUT THATS NOT ALL.

THEY FILTER TO THE FRONT OF TRAFFIC, then ride at their usual 5km/h speed so you have to pass them about 20 times.
They ignore the bicycle lanes.
They ride on the footpath, then try to use PEDESTRIAN crossings and get angry when people almost hit them. THEY ARE NOT PEDESTRIANS! Well not till someone hits them and knocks them off their bike.

They ignore red lights, in fact they totally ignore the rules of the road altogether, and are apparently totally immune to any kind of law that EVERYONE else has to abide by,

Some don't even wear helmets, many wear those retarded clothes normally reserved for mothers who drive 4wd's so the dents don't show and have to wear exercise clothes to cafes because its all about impressions. Apparently being overweight and butt ugly is no barrier either (for the bicyclists and the mothers).

They should be forced to wear full motorcycling gear for safety and then lets see how many people still ride bicycles.

Our roads are not made for traffic which can't get over 30km/h except downhill, and no bike registration so they cannot be fined, jailed and harrased by police just like the rest of us is a joke. They should be paying for green slip cover to use the roads, just like the rest of us.

Honestly bicycles should just be using the footpaths with the other snail travellers.

Chatswood in Sydney is also renowned for the same reason as Sunnybank.
In fact my Dad was at our local RTA, watching someone who spoke Chinese get their license and the translator who was 'translating' for them, was giving them the answers... 7 years working in China, needless to say he could understand what was being said.
He told the RTA officials and they didn't care.... (Despite huge posters about the fines for cheating)

If you can't speak English you probably can't read the road manual, so you definitely can't know the road rules, or have a license.

It's not always idiots on 4 wheels you need to worry about... Sometimes "you" are your own worst enemy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS6fKgsOW_0]rider killed (safety video) LEARN2RIDE - YouTube[/ame]

Ride safe everyone

Last edited:
who ever has a problem with cyclists, piss off they have zero emissions, and there are way more fat pieces of **** that ride motorcycles than ride pedal bikes.

who ever has a problem with cyclists, piss off they have zero emissions, and there are way more fat pieces of **** that ride motorcycles than ride pedal bikes.

It's not the bicycle that's the issue at hand. It's the riders. There are douche push bike riders, there are douche motorbike riders... and car drivers... and pedestrians.

People notice the worst and are quick to forget the rest.

That's why motorcyclists are pictured as speed freaks that have no regard for speed limits and road rules...

I don't think anyone here hates all cyclists, just the behavior of some... it does have the effect of tarnishing the image of the whole community tho.

Zero emissions doesn't save someone when they get hit by a car :( In an ideal world, I'd ride a bicycle to work every day... but the magpies suck, there is a lack of bike lanes, there's a lot of big hills and there's far too much traffic on the roads to begin with. Poor city planning being what it is...

I don't mind bicycles on the roads, within reason, which'd be:

If you're on the road... follow road rules, by this I mean:
- stopping at stop signs
- not riding thru red lights
- not starting before lights go green
- not just switching to the pedestrian crossing then back onto the road ahead.
- When a motorway says no tractors and bicycles... don't... just don't. You cannot do 60 on a slight gradient, you're not going to maintain 100 :p
- Don't ride 2+ abreast if there is no way for cars to overtake - or during peak hour in a city - or in windy high speed roads with low visibility... (this is just courtesy)

The way some cyclists behave on the road reminds me of a Riding instructor I had for Q-Ride... he had an attitude that I thought was crazy (personally).

He asked the group of new riders what they should do if a cager was up their arse.

I suggested if it was safe, pull over or allow them to get past.

He flat out refused that as an idea, "you've got a right to be on the road, you pay your taxes, blah blah"

You might be allowed to be there, hell the person tail gating you could be acting illegally... but at the end of the day, it's better to be courteous to other users of the road and let them on their way... you're only putting your own life in danger... it's not worth it. In some cases you're risking others too.

It matters not who is rude, who is in the wrong, if you're maimed or dead.

Last edited:
Mikey and me are thinkin g of starting a campaign against men wearing Lycra....if i wanted to see your "package" swinging about the place, i would go to a gay bar!

:eek:
You would ruin all my FUN !! LMFAO !! If the cyclist's won't to wear spandex GO FOR IT !! Just hope they don't get their feeling's hurt easy...... because I am that Jerk who POINT'S LAUGH'S and YELL'S RUDE ( But Funny to me,and my freind's) Cracks at Em !!! :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: It is good excersise and good for the enviroment as far as emmissions and physical health go,but I gotta say a few mental,and emotional scar's will incure once one has donned the Spandex suit !! :rolleyes: :BLAA:

The cars to watch out for are the white ones with a fat guy wearing a dark collared shirt with a laptop open to solitaire next to him with too many wires sticking out of the trunklid and a colored plastic bar across the roof. usually found sitting still and 90% of the reason for traffic jams.:BLAA:

Ok, around here the beach ball plates are nuts! as well as those in a mobile chair who choose to use the road going against traffic! :ban:

Last edited:
Back