WTB Grab Rail / pillon OMJ Handle for 06' (or one matching 06' red)

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
My grab rail is a bit scuffed up from my recent argument with gravity. I've seen color matched rails and they look great. The 06's all used Grey metallic.

If you have a Grey Metallic or Red Metallic in good condition, I'd be happy to discuss payment. :)\

If anyone knows the Yamaha part number for the 07' red grab rail, that would be much appreciated. If I have to buy new, I may as well by the one I want :)

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone knows the Yamaha part number for the 07' red grab rail, that would be much appreciated. If I have to buy new, I may as well by the one I want :)

At Partshark it it listed as follows (found under FENDER):
YAMAHA HANDLE, SEAT UR FOR DRMK for 2007 YAMAHA FZS6WC/FZS6W
5VX-24773-00-P7
$161.70

Kind of pricey. Is yours beyond repair and/or repainting?

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
At Partshark it it listed as follows (found under FENDER):
YAMAHA HANDLE, SEAT UR FOR DRMK for 2007 YAMAHA FZS6WC/FZS6W
5VX-24773-00-P7
$161.70

Kind of pricey. Is yours beyond repair and/or repainting?

It is a bit pricey but still $40 lower than every other price I've seen. :) I may end up buying one down the road a bit. Thanks, I couldn't find anything that signified color in the part numbers.

I repaired repainted mine last night. I used epoxy putty similar to 'Mighty Putty' to fill the digs. Filed that smooth and sanded the entire thing down. The only paint I could find that was similar to stock was a Duplicolor metallic black under their import line. I picked it up at AutoZone for @ $5. 400 grit Paper, paint and epoxy came in @ $12 for the repair materials. To order the actual stock paint it would cost $39 for a spray bomb.

My issues with this are 2 fold. I couldn't find a matt finish black metallic. The one I used is a gloss. I painted multiple light coats, keeping them 'dry' which reduced the gloss a bit to a semi gloss. The other concern I have it the durability of the paint. I tend to strap stuff to the rack and expect scratching.