WTB - Top Sellerie seat for 2008 Yamaha FZ6

Justin.barnes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Gary. I would prefer not to put a 420 dollar seat on a 1900 dollar motorcycle... Scratch that. I refuse to put a 420 dollar seat on a 1900 dollar motorcycle.

Just putting a feeler out. Maybe someone has one sitting in their garage that I can rescue from the landfill.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you're looking at this the wrong way. The value of your bike is not relevant, it's the value of your comfort. What is it worth to you to stay comfortable each and every time you ride?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Gary. I would prefer not to put a 420 dollar seat on a 1900 dollar motorcycle... Scratch that. I refuse to put a 420 dollar seat on a 1900 dollar motorcycle.

Just putting a feeler out. Maybe someone has one sitting in their garage that I can rescue from the landfill.

Oh, and just an FYI, my insurance company valued my 05 with 67,000 miles at $3,300.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure that valuation has any bearing on market price... But good for you if you could find a seller willing to dish out that kind of cash. Not that it sounds like you'll be parting with it any time soon!

I found out the valuation when I ran over some diesel fuel in a turn, low-sided and caused enough damage to have it totaled. They sent me a check for almost 4k to cover the damage and my accessories (tank bag, riding jeans, jacket, etc). Waiting for the last load of OEM parts so I can start the repair.

I guess what I am saying is that when it comes to comfort or safety, don't worry about how the cost stacks up to the 'value' of the motorcycle. The real value is the use you get out of it, and a more comfortable seat will make you want to use it more.....