WTF is wrong with people!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Sri-lanka's cricket team have been attacked by armed gunmen.
5 Police officers and the Coach driver have been killed.
WTF is wrong with these people?

These sportsmen bring joy and pleasure to an impoverished people. The cricket tournaments provide a huge amount of desperately needed money to the community. Cricket is as big in Pakistan as NFL is in the USA. Pakistan needs to face up to the fact, that unless they stop harbouring terrorists they will have no place in the wider international community. It is unlikely that Pakistan will be able to host future international events.

Google News

Nelly:(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My thoughts exactally mate and they wonder why we refuse to go there :disapprove:....Told us we'd be safe because "Cricketers are like Gods" , i'd hate to see what they'd do if we werent :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My thoughts exactally mate and they wonder why we refuse to go there :disapprove:....Told us we'd be safe because "Cricketers are like Gods" , i'd hate to see what they'd do if we werent :(
I am total gutted, sport was is one of the few arenas left that transcends all divides.
Do you think Gilly will come back home?

Nelly

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am total gutted, sport was is one of the few arenas left that transcends all divides.
Do you think Gilly will come back home?

Nelly

They said something about Gilly coming home on the radio today , he would be mad to stay there it just not safe anymore :(....Get himself and his family back here to Oz where you have no drama's ever :D......BTW how good was that match you guys had with the Windies :eek: , what a score well done...

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
I watched Sky news this morning and wondered.... 5 Policemen killed, I presume from the state of it all or most in the one vehicle.

The Cricket team coach sprayed with gunfire, driver killed others injured.

It just seemed to me that this attack was to say ' See what we could do' rather than seriously attack the team.

Just my thoughts on it and I agree, why would anyone want to visit the country these days anyway.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Terrorists have a history of of taking advantage of sporting events...

If there had been a proper response in Munich in 1972... Terrorism would not be nearly as much a problem as it is today...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They said something about Gilly coming home on the radio today , he would be mad to stay there it just not safe anymore :(....Get himself and his family back here to Oz where you have no drama's ever :D......BTW how good was that match you guys had with the Windies :eek: , what a score well done...
Were warming up far ya..........

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I watched Sky news this morning and wondered.... 5 Policemen killed, I presume from the state of it all or most in the one vehicle.

The Cricket team coach sprayed with gunfire, driver killed others injured.

It just seemed to me that this attack was to say ' See what we could do' rather than seriously attack the team.

Just my thoughts on it and I agree, why would anyone want to visit the country these days anyway.
I believe that the Police officers were motorcycle out riders?

Nelly

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Yeah maybe but we still flogged those hapless Seth Efricans :thumbup:

Ya think????? :Flip:

But being south african, we know all about politics in sports. Political pressure via sports has been going on for years here. First because no-one would play us ... sanctions etc, and now because our teams aren't "representative enough" for certain people, its still a political hot potato.

As much as i hate what they did, they got our attention didn't they? Since we're not giving it to them UNLESS they do something like this, what else can they do? And what else could we expect?

W

wrightme43

The idea that somehow our actions bring terrorism on ourselves is the root of the cause.

That idea also brings the idea that IF we will only do what the terrorist wants he will no longer commit acts of terror.

That idea allows those who hold the idea that they can control and influnce those who commit terror thru their actions.

IT IS WRONG!!!!

It is the same idea that brings victims of domestic violence to the jail to bail out thier attacker, who then takes them home and beats them again. The cycle continues untill the victim learns or is dead.

To offer a terrorist any thing other than a violent painful death is wrong. They have choosen to live outside the rules of society, to take actions that destroy the fabric of society, and must be removed from society.

Any other option is to bring further desolation and pain on innocents.