05 S1 Swingarm, Racetech springs, SSR spring preload fork caps for sale

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My last 2 mods were R6 forks and an S2 swingarm, so I have some parts I won't be needing.

1 - S1 swingarm, $100. Includes front pivot, wheel axle, rubber chain guide, adjusters and end caps. Normal wear and tear, with the exception of small scratched area on top left (sprocket side). Normal rash underneath the rubber chain guide area (not visible with chain guide on). Bearings are in good shape. NOTE - does not include bearing seals for swingarm pivot.

2 - Racetech .95kg fork springs part number 495538, $60. Includes spacers.

3 - SSR Fork preload adjusters $50. Some of the blue anodizing chipped from corners of nut. Does not include o-ring seals (reuse the ones from the stock fork caps).

All items are plus shipping from Northern NJ.

Fork cap wear.jpgFront Left.jpgFront Right.jpgRacetech springs and spacers.jpgRear Left.jpgRear Right.jpgSSR Fork Caps.jpgSwingarm Parts.jpgVisible Scratches.jpg

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My last 2 mods were R6 forks and an S2 swingarm, so I have some parts I won't be needing.

1 - S1 swingarm, $100. Includes front pivot, wheel axle, rubber chain guide, adjusters and end caps. Normal wear and tear, with the exception of small scratched area on top left (sprocket side). Normal rash underneath the rubber chain guide area (not visible with chain guide on). Bearings are in good shape. NOTE - does not include bearing seals for swingarm pivot.

2 - Racetech .95kg fork springs part number 495538, $60. Includes spacers.

3 - SSR Fork preload adjusters $50. Some of the blue anodizing chipped from corners of nut. Does not include o-ring seals (reuse the ones from the stock fork caps).

All items are plus shipping from Northern NJ.

View attachment 69981View attachment 69982View attachment 69983View attachment 69984View attachment 69985View attachment 69986View attachment 69987View attachment 69988View attachment 69989
BUMP -

Cleaning out the workshop to make room for off-season projects.

If you are interested in anything, make me an offer.

DeepBarney

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the forks open to check the fluid this evening, and I found the PO had installed progressive springs. So I don't think it makes since to install preload adjusters with progressive springs. Especially when my sag is pretty close to where it should be.

Sorry mate guess I won't be needing these.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
…or, you could improve the performance of the forks by installing Gold Valve Emulators while you have the forks open.

Progressive (multi-rate) springs in the forks are horrible; lots of brake dive early in the stroke, and too stiff late in the stroke. The fixed opening in the damping rod only amplifies these poor attributes.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the forks open to check the fluid this evening, and I found the PO had installed progressive springs. So I don't think it makes since to install preload adjusters with progressive springs. Especially when my sag is pretty close to where it should be.

Sorry mate guess I won't be needing these.

No worries. I still have the .95kg Racetech springs which I used with the preload adjusters. If you are interested in both I will shave the price a bit.

And Gary is right, if you are going to keep the stock forks, now is the time to do the Gold Valve Emulators.....

DeepBarney

Reaction score
Visit site
…or, you could improve the performance of the forks by installing Gold Valve Emulators while you have the forks open.

Progressive (multi-rate) springs in the forks are horrible; lots of brake dive early in the stroke, and too stiff late in the stroke. The fixed opening in the damping rod only amplifies these poor attributes.
Yep, I'm aware of their inherent compromises/problems. Explored that option for my Bonneville then decided against it for all those reasons and that they don't work well with emulators or preload adjusters.

No worries. I still have the .95kg Racetech springs which I used with the preload adjusters. If you are interested in both I will shave the price a bit.

And Gary is right, if you are going to keep the stock forks, now is the time to do the Gold Valve Emulators.....
Since my bike is over 104k miles and it's primary job is be a cheap way to carry me 10mi in to work and maybe on a rare winter road trip when I don't want to take my Bonneville (still my primary bike) it doesn't make sense to sink a bunch of money into upgrades for it. Especially since the moment Yamaha gives the US the Tracer 700/FJ07 it's gone. So I'm inclined to leave it as is and live with it.

That said what weight are you? Though I'm pretty sure that's much too stiff a spring rate for me.