07 FZ6 bar risers question

DeucePutts

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to have some follow up with this thread. I'm interested as well in some risers. It looks like the Zeta brand is the way to go?
I've been pouring through Ebay with "compatible" risers. Has anyone purchased these? From China, Turkey, Etc.?

BTW, if anyone is looking for bolts and such, Fastenal is the best place to go. They have everything for any application.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to have some follow up with this thread. I'm interested as well in some risers. It looks like the Zeta brand is the way to go?
I've been pouring through Ebay with "compatible" risers. Has anyone purchased these? From China, Turkey, Etc.?

BTW, if anyone is looking for bolts and such, Fastenal is the best place to go. They have everything for any application.

I would go with the Zeta, I have them on and they are great. Only downfall is if you have a 2007 and up FZ6 it has a OEM Yamaha bar clamp you can't use. So if thats a deal breaker I guess try to find some bolts that work at the place you suggested. I tried my local hardware store with no luck the OEM YAMAHA clamp holes are angled. I could not get it to work with OEM bars and Zeta offset risers. But it's no big deal.

It's totally worth going with the zeta's as they have a warranty and are pretty good at getting back to you if you have questions. They are out of Japan I believe.

But you can get a pair for $45 on revzilla or dennis kirk. I'm now a convert to dennis kirk. Love that place.

Good luck.

Brezzy79

Reaction score
Visit site
I used a pair of the SW Motech ones in this link with no issues: GStwin.com Wiki - Handlebar Risers
I ended up swapping to a much taller set of handlebars, maybe 2.5-3” taller.

The cables are pretty easy to reroute. You can get an extra inch or so out of the brake lines by swapping the long line up to the master cylinder and double banjo bolt over to the right caliper, then the jumper over to the left caliper.
Hello,

What handle bars did you get? Did you like the Change?
I'm looking to straighten up a bit.
Thank you for your time.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Risers / set backs make it a different bike altogether. (Tried 1" risers, wasn't enough, then went to risers / set backs, a world of difference)

There's no weight on your wrists and your not doing a "push up" all the time riding..

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your time.
Hey, I found a handlebar from a Kawasaki Bayou 220 ATV on eBay. Looked through a bunch of listings, found a set that looked straight, stripped the paint and sanded the rust, then gave it a coat of paint. (If you do paint handlebars, go light in the clamping area, and mask off the throttle area.) I didn’t have it on that long before I sold the bike.
Here’s the only two pics I can find with it on

Attachments

• 3612F671-C1B5-4CB6-A8E0-4B4144271009.jpeg
    3612F671-C1B5-4CB6-A8E0-4B4144271009.jpeg
    805.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 6FA93A7E-F410-49D7-9472-07CAD98D464E.jpeg
    6FA93A7E-F410-49D7-9472-07CAD98D464E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10