08 full fairings (raven)

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a new pair of raven fairings from Canada. Comes with new Lockhart P's surface mt signals/running lights with wire adapters(plug-n-play). Machined aluminum holding plates for the signals, so no modifications were made to the fairings. Would rather sell locally if possible. Had bad experiences w/shipping. These fairings look very sharp(see pics). Thinking of just using my belly pan and getting a pair of the new style scorpions with the money. Cost me about a thousand for everything including shipping. Was looking to get around 650, but can be flexible on the price. I live very close to Richmond, Virginia. Thanks for looking!:Flash:

Last edited:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious but why are you getting rid?

Wanted to use the money for the new style scorpions. Already own a belly pan(can't have them both on the bike at the same time). Figured I would just use that one since it is cheaper than the full fairings. Hope that answers your question!:Flash:

Last edited:

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
i would keep the fairings ... fairings are worth more then an exhaust ... just my opinion but then i can get fairings anytime i want at the local yamaha dealer...

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you could sell the belly pan to get the money for the exhaust..

Interesting. The lower cowl cost me 300 and the fairings cost me 800 without the lights adapters and shipping costs. The CF scorpions are between five and six hundred from Indysuperbikes and other stores. Not sure how the belly pan would net me the dough for the scorpi's. :confused: Please understand I am not trying to be mean, I just don't see the math.:don'tknow:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would keep the fairings ... fairings are worth more then an exhaust ... just my opinion but then i can get fairings anytime i want at the local yamaha dealer...

Very true! I may do just that if nobody is interested. I could always wait and save the money for the exhaust anyway.:thumbup:

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. The lower cowl cost me 300 and the fairings cost me 800 without the lights adapters and shipping costs. The CF scorpions are between five and six hundred from Indysuperbikes and other stores. Not sure how the belly pan would net me the dough for the scorpi's. :confused: Please understand I am not trying to be mean, I just don't see the math.:don'tknow:

My implication was the belly pan could be sold to help fund an exhaust purchase. I don't see a need to hold onto a belly pan if you already have the sexy fairings on (unless you didn't like your sexy fairings anymore) :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My implication was the belly pan could be sold to help fund an exhaust purchase. I don't see a need to hold onto a belly pan if you already have the sexy fairings on (unless you didn't like your sexy fairings anymore) :thumbup:

Oh, okay...that makes more sense to me. Thanks. Yes, your right about no need to hold on to the belly pan, but I actually really like both looks. In the winter I thought it would be nice to have the full fairings on to keep off the cold air and in the summer I thought belly pan would be nice and cool for the motor, also.:D

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Are the side fairings still available? I am interested but live in Texas, so there would be shipping issues. If this isn't too much of a problem, what do we need to do? Thank you, ready2goriding

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a guy in Wisconsin that is interested. I have left him an email to work out the details. If the deal falls through, I will go with the next person that asked. I just finished taking off the fairing and putting each piece of hardware in a labeled zip-lock bag. The instructions are not so good, but this should help tremendously. The fairings are clean and in black lawn bags now. One thing that I definitely noticed - The fairings keeps a HUGE amount of heat off of my shins and legs. Just put the belly pan on and that was the first thing I noticed when I went for a ride.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just another note to anyone else who is interested in these type of fairings. I was not able to install my motivational frame sliders with these on it. I am not a big fan of cutting up OEM parts. I like to always leave the option to return anything I do back to stock if necessary. There may be sliders out there that relocate it, but I don't know that for sure.

Lerxst1

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to make sure that these are for an FZ6 and not an FZ1. The reason I ask is Yamaha has the fairings for the FZ1 on the accessories page but they don't have them for the FZ6. If you didn't get them from Yamaha where did you get them from?

I am looking at buying and FZ6 pretty soon. Haven't decided if I'm going to get a new '08 or possibly '09 or go with a used one. I like the extra look the fairings give it with out having to go up to a supersport bike.

I rented a FZ6 and rode from Dallas up to the mountains of Arkansas and back with some friends. Did about 600 miles that day. The bike handled great and I loved the power it had.

Lerxst

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to make sure that these are for an FZ6 and not an FZ1. The reason I ask is Yamaha has the fairings for the FZ1 on the accessories page but they don't have them for the FZ6. If you didn't get them from Yamaha where did you get them from?

I am looking at buying and FZ6 pretty soon. Haven't decided if I'm going to get a new '08 or possibly '09 or go with a used one. I like the extra look the fairings give it with out having to go up to a supersport bike.

I rented a FZ6 and rode from Dallas up to the mountains of Arkansas and back with some friends. Did about 600 miles that day. The bike handled great and I loved the power it had.

Lerxst

I got them through Kelly's Cycle Centre Ltd.
1042 Upper Wellington Street
Hamilton, ON
L9A 3S6

PH (905) 385-5977

They are Yamaha Genuine Parts

They cost me 789.95 plus 126.39 US dollars as of July 2008

Hope this answers your question :Flash:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... this full fairing is still up for sale. I thought it would have been sold awhile ago.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... this full fairing is still up for sale. I thought it would have been sold awhile ago.

Member "Apollo" was the first to contact me, so I am waiting for him to confirm the deal with me. I thought so, too.