12V outlet

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I added a 12V outlet to my 06'. Instead of mounting it to a bracket like I've seen on others do, I drilled a 7/8" hole in my inner fairing and dropped it in. I double then triple checked to make sure the bars would clear my GPS charger when its in there before i drilled the hole. Its a GM replacement lighter from Autozone (was like $3) topped off with a cover from a Dodge Durango power outlet (that i got for free :D) to keep water out. It is wired directly to the battery with a 10A fuse holder under the tank.

What do you guys think?

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
I wrote a write up on a step by step install of a 12v power outlet, specific to the FZ6. Located here.

I installed two 12v outlet one on each side as well as my heat controllers.

bed50427.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Checked your how-to, looks good! Where is your power outlet for the heated gear? I have my controller in a lil box I made that mounts to the center of my bars (06') and the leads just dangle out the bottom. When spring finally sets in I'll take it off and pack it away for next fall/winter

D

Dave.TX

PhranK2K11, nice job. I put mine in the same location. Used an outlet I got from West Marine. It's out of the way and the GPS plug doesn't come in contact with the bars. When not in use it's flush with the plastic, looks decent.

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
Checked your how-to, looks good! Where is your power outlet for the heated gear? I have my controller in a lil box I made that mounts to the center of my bars (06') and the leads just dangle out the bottom. When spring finally sets in I'll take it off and pack it away for next fall/winter

That's a good idea! My power outlets come out under from under my seat. I wish the cords were a tad longer since I unplug myself if I stand up on my pegs. They're long enough for normal riding.