2004 fz6+alot of other bikes

the SS show

Reaction score
Visit site
well the long process of putting the bike back to gether has finally wrapped up :D
the story:
the day after thanksgiving last year i went down in a corner and after weighing my options and seeing naked bikes like wavex's and a few others i decided to go naked. while i was at it i thought i may as well fix the things i dont like about the bike and this is what i came up with

complete 07 r1 tail
fz1 bars
r6 grips
2010 aprillia shiver headlight

i like how it turned out and its a blast to ride! and light!! 410lbs ready to ride!

anyways i plan on doing a how to on putting a complete r1 tail on a fz6 at some point so anyone thinking about doing this can be warned lol

IMG_20120605_130542.jpg

IMG_20120605_130556.jpg

IMG_20120605_130640.jpg

IMG_20120605_130704.jpg

more pics to come as it gets closer to bein done

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!!! I can't wait to see it all finished up and painted up, that's going to be one sick ass bike!!!

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. That does look great. How does it sound with the R1 exhaust? And are you gonna paint it like Chevy says? You don't like the Captain America color scheme?

the SS show

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the kind words guys.
no im not to fond of the captain america paint scheme. today took it all apart and sprayed it with plasti-dip to get it all one color.... i think that was a bad idea. looking at the individual pieces laying here im thinking its not gonna look to good. but thats why i used it in case i wanted to peel it off. i was planning on the plasti-dip holding me over till i get the money to paint it. i really like the red on the ducati 1198 and i will probably go with that.

as fa as the r1 exhaust its loud! the mufflers have race baffles in them to make it easier to cut them down and they were cut down almost 3 inches. it required fabrication on the subframe slip-on and pretty much anything behind the tank but the exhaust does slip on to the factory up pipe.

jresch10 i think i may use that name haha frankenfizzer....

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Auto part stores like AutoZone have a good selection of automotive spray can colors that are relatively inexpensive. If you do your prep right and spray thin layers flowed up by a good polish you can achieve a nice paint job on your bike for not a lot of coin.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Auto part stores like AutoZone have a good selection of automotive spray can colors that are relatively inexpensive. If you do your prep right and spray thin layers flowed up by a good polish you can achieve a nice paint job on your bike for not a lot of coin.

+1 I've had some good luck with the dupli color brand rattle can paint. But like anything you get what you put in, if you take your time it can turn out great!

the SS show

Reaction score
Visit site
yea im just not sure if i want to put in all that time for a "decent" paint job. i have seen some that looked good but i just dont know that i want to invest that much time into it. i attached pics of it in its stealth assault paint scheme. i think the plan has changed for the paint scheme. now im thinking the arbarth edition fz1 paint scheme, only with maybe blue graphic instead of red. i attached a pic of that as well

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have close up pictures how the R1 exhausts fit?
Did you shortened exhaust tubes to fit?
What about the tail fabrication?
Is it easy to fit?

I am interested in this mod.
And i wonder if seating position is better or not.

the SS show

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have close up pictures how the R1 exhausts fit?
Did you shortened exhaust tubes to fit?
What about the tail fabrication?
Is it easy to fit?

I am interested in this mod.
And i wonder if seating position is better or not.

i can get some close ups at some point of the exhaust but its really simple the slipon y then runs to each muffler. the mufflers were shortened about 3 inches (maybe 2.75 inches)

the tail is not really that hard to fit it just takes time and alot of thinking/planning ahead to fit it. its pretty much look at the mounting locations and build brackets to where you need the mounts to be. i'll do a write up on it if i ge the time. i took lots of pics of things you need to do to the subframe and such so people can see whats involved in getting the whole tail on

and seating position is good! the fz1 bars with fz6 seat was really good but this is just as good but different. i like how the seat is smaller and makes moving your weight around for corners much easier

Last edited:

Edcase

Reaction score
Visit site
i can get some close ups at some point of the exhaust but its really simple the slipon y then runs to each muffler. the mufflers were shortened about 3 inches (maybe 2.75 inches)

the tail is not really that hard to fit it just takes time and alot of thinking/planning ahead to fit it. its pretty much look at the mounting locations and build brackets to where you need the mounts to be. i'll do a write up on it if i ge the time. i took lots of pics of things you need to do to the subframe and such so people can see whats involved in getting the whole tail on

and seating position is good! the fz1 bars with fz6 seat was really good but this is just as good but different. i like how the seat is smaller and makes moving your weight around for corners much easier

Hi SS Show,

im really interested in your bike modifications, im about to buy a damaged 2004 FZ6 rear plastic broken, dented tank tank etc and tbh your FXZ6 id the best ive seen so far really like the R1 tail FZ1 bars. and front headlights any chance of more pics of how you fabricated the mount points, where there any issues etc? als the FZ1 bars did you need to get the switch gears and handles etc form the Fz1 as well?

cheers

ED

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
bike looks like as a clown. if you paint that headlight cowl and tail, the your bike will be so sweat in my option. congratz! I liked that tail :) maybe you'll add an s2 swingarm?