2005 Fz6 review

Chaos17

Reaction score
Visit site
Contrary to what all these other reviews have said, I couldn't figure out what they were really referring to. I haven't found a twitchy throttle , it has plenty of grunt in the low end , very responsive, and plenty of per up top. The only thing I can say negative is the front suspension is way too soft, however with throttle control you should be able to overcome this if you do not plan on updating. The bike itself is s blast to ride and if I can ride it with a broken collarbone with no problems then anyone can. Beginners would not have a problem with this bike if they can control themselves, however this bike can get you in trouble quick. The fazer leans in quickly and effortlessly, has good response to rider input and comfy to ride. So I can only imagine, that some of the reviews were biased lol

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree entirely. But I will say about low grunt, it's relative. There's enough there in the FZ6, true, but we all know it shines above ~8000 rpm.

Compare that to my Sprint 1050, which will chug along in traffic, first gear, closed throttle, hand off the clutch at 10-15mph and you can see where the poor comparison comes from. In fact, the Sprint has so much low down, I very rarely use the back brake doing slow speed manoeuvring because the engine will hold the bike on its own.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Chaos, what other bikes have you ridden?

If you notice my signature content most of the mods are to awaken the beast, make it ride proper, and fit the controls to me. That said I still have it years later as it is fun, responsive, flickable, and pretty nimble.

I wish it only had more torque and I'd be a happy camper.