2006 Yamaha Fz6 Speedometer conversion to 2007

buddhist

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I want to change my 2006 fz6 Speedometer out for a 2007 fz6 speedometer . I have a 07 front conversion already so I can put the 07 speedometer , but the confusing part for me is the wiring and what to do.
How do I wire it properly, is there a schematic or blueprint I can look at? Where can I buy the right wire harness or whatever I need to do this ? Is there some sort of 06 adapter to 07 so I don't need to replace anything or splice, I am totally new at this and if anyone can help me and talk to me that would be helpful. Thanks

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site

Attachments

• kablo.jpg
    kablo.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
The wiring harness i used was for a faired S2 also, it doesn't matter if you change headlight or use the existing one, S2 wiring is needed for S2 speedo socket. For a clean conversion.

buddhist

Reaction score
Visit site
The wiring harness i used was for a faired S2 also, it doesn't matter if you change headlight or use the existing one, S2 wiring is needed for S2 speedo socket. For a clean conversion.

Oh ok thank you Fazil! I'll go look for that part, is it an adapter or do I need to replace the whole wiring

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not the whole wiring harness. You can see the wiring you need, in the picture.

kablo.jpg