Need Help 2006 Yamaha FZ6 stalls when put in gear

Mastanul

Reaction score
Visit site
So I’m having this issue with my bike I fully rebuilt the bike. It has a new harness new engine new ECU the kickstand switch it bypass the clutch switch bypass and I have a brand new neutral switch. The bike starts right up, but when I clutch in and I put it in the first gear it dies. I bypassed the neutral switch and I can ride the bike, it rides and shifts awesome no issues, but the bike constantly thinks it’s out of the gear and the n light on my cluster is green. The clutch cable it is adjusted properly. It has fresh oil, no error codes and everything is working. I can’t figure out what’s going on and I would need some help from more experienced people with this bike. so basically the bike is running only if the neutral switch is bypass. runs and shifts awesome what do you think could be wrong and make the bike stall when you put it in the first gear? When i engage the clutch i can see the clutch plates thru the oil fill hole that are separated. I just can not find any information on the internet regarding this type of issue. Any help would be much appreciated!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our great forum!
When you say you bypass a switch are you connecting the wire together so you have a closed loop? For example if you have bypassed the side stand switch is it closed loop? Maybe it's supposed to be open circuit?
There is a safety logic assembly on the bike (starter interrupt - cut off relay) that all those switched are attached to. It's comprised of diodes and relays that allow the fuel injection and starter circuit to operate. If there is an error in the safety protocol the engine will shut off. It sounds like when the bike is in neutral and you put it in gear, the safety circuit thinks the side stand is in the down position. If the side stand switch loop is now closed, you might try to open the the circuit to see if this solves the problem.
It is important those safety protocols are in place and active!
Why are you bypassing these safeties?

Last edited:

Mastanul

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our great forum!
When you say you bypass a switch are you connecting the wire together so you have a closed loop? For example if you have bypassed the side stand switch is it closed loop? Maybe it's supposed to be open circuit?
There is a safety logic assembly on the bike (starter interrupt - cut off relay) that all those switched are attached to. It's comprised of diodes and relays that allow the fuel injection and starter circuit to operate. If there is an error in the safety protocol the engine will shut off. It sounds like when the bike is in neutral and you put it in gear, the safety circuit thinks the side stand is in the down position. If the side stand switch loop is now closed, you might try to open the the circuit to see if this solves the problem.
It is important the those safety protocols are in place and active!
Why are you bypassing these safeties?
Thank you very much for the reply! I was thinking to try to do that, i will give it a try once i get home!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you! I think it is the starter cut off relay that is causing the issue, I just ordered one and i will see what happens after i change that. I will post an update!
If the bike runs at any time the Starter interrupt - cut off relay would seem active. Have you tested the neutral safety switch to see if it changes from open to close continuity?

Mastanul

Reaction score
Visit site
So I’m having this issue with my bike I fully rebuilt the bike. It has a new harness new engine new ECU the kickstand switch it bypass the clutch switch bypass and I have a brand new neutral switch. The bike starts right up, but when I clutch in and I put it in the first gear it dies. I bypassed the neutral switch and I can ride the bike, it rides and shifts awesome no issues, but the bike constantly thinks it’s out of the gear and the n light on my cluster is green. The clutch cable it is adjusted properly. It has fresh oil, no error codes and everything is working. I can’t figure out what’s going on and I would need some help from more experienced people with this bike. so basically the bike is running only if the neutral switch is bypass. runs and shifts awesome what do you think could be wrong and make the bike stall when you put it in the first gear? When i engage the clutch i can see the clutch plates thru the oil fill hole that are separated. I just can not find any information on the internet regarding this type of issue. Any help would be much appreciated!
So here is the final update about the situation on my bike. It was the cut off relay switch, now the bike works fine no more issues