2008 FZ6 prices

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am seriously looking at a 2008 FZ6, cobalt blue, with 2300 miles from a private seller. Guy is asking $4200 (loan pay off) I have looked at the bike, but not ridden it yet. Did start it and of course with only 2300 miles it sounds fine. It appears immaculate. What do you guys think of the price? I have been off street bikes for about 10 years, been riding dirt bikes. Previous street bikes were a Suzuki Savage, way back in high school and a mid 90s Suzuki Bandit 400 (last street bike I owned).

Doug

Reaction score
Visit site
I probably got a great deal. I but bought a 2008 FZ6 with 400 miles on it about this time last year for $4700. I live in mid Michigan.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Reasonable price, but be sure to ride it before deciding. Used bikes need to be test ridden to ensure compatibility and to verify everything is working as it should.

jags

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
Sorry i can't comment on the price , but having gone though the whole second hand bike purchase process recently myself .What i would say is get somebody to check it out for you , maybe put a post up and somebody on the forum could help .I paid $150 AUS to get the bike inspected and it was money well spent even though the bike was in great condition overall but i now know the areas that will need to be adressed in the future and it also gave me some bargaining power over the price .
anyway best of luck ,

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $4,300 for 2008 FZ6 with 2,200 miles and I thought I got a great deal since the bike retails at 7k and I know the original owner babied the bike and did all the scheduled maintenance. KBB was at $4,780 for retail when I bought mine in April of this year.

Is there a motorcyclefax like a carfax?

Ride the bike, listen to the engine and if all is good go for it. See if you can get an in-service warranty extension, or make a comment that if only the bike had an extended warranty that would close the deal just to see if they had bought an extended warranty and were looking to get the cash value back. I think the normal factory warranty runs two years as the warranty on the FZ6 I bought was running out in May 2010. You can still get an extended warranty but it will cost a little more if outside of the factory (in-service) warranty period.

You can check by contacting Yamaha:

Yamaha Sport Home - Motorcycles, Sport ATVs, Snowmobiles.

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I am doing it. i paid 4200, should have the bank paperwork finalized and have the bike in my possession by tuesday. I test rode it today, bike runs great. I can't wait to get her home. I'll post pics as soon as I do. thanks for the input.

:rockon:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that was a pretty good price, i paid $3800 for my 2008 with 1680 something miles on it and some misc stuff along with it.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the exact same bike I have, only mine is going on 21,000 miles and still runs like a champ. And you paid a fair price for it. You're gonna love it!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a great price ... I went looking for a used fz6 1 1/2 years ago and couldn't find a good deal like that so I ended up buying new. You will have an extra big smile on your face while riding knowing what you paid for it!

Congrats... :wav:

Oh ... by the way thats the same color & year I have !!

Last edited: