2008 FZ6 S2 De-restriction

Sir Choice

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

I know theres already a load of posts about how to de-restrict FZ6's but i looked through loads and didnt really find any definate answers :S

I bought a new fz6 s2 the other day, and because i only passed my full test in february, i have to wait until february 2010 to de-restrict it legally, but i want to try it now as i went from a VFR 400 to this, which is half the HP because of it :( lol. so it sucks a bit!

I just want to know, what the restriction method is for 2008 FZ6 S2's in the UK?

Thanks alot in advance!
Ryan

maybe a mild lube round the base of the screwhead ? possibly a smidge of 3 in 1

Don't forget to report back:thumbup:

hi fast blue one thanks for the reply :p

Yeah ill give it a go again when i get back, if i can find a working screwdriver !

Its strange because the bikes brand new out of the show room, only used it a few times. i guess the people who put the restrictor on didnt want me to take it off anytime soon!

The other guy who did it said they cut it off :O. Theres only two screws holding the metal clip on though so shouldntttttt be so hard. I cant get at it from perfectly straight tho which is probably one of the problems.

I'll let you know when i get it off ! (its the most simple method of restriction ive ever heard of btw) maybe ill upload a pic because not many people here seem to know about this.

IMG_2720.jpg
thats what the restrictor looks like by the way if anyone ever wonders

That looks like LockTite underneath the head of the screw I think. Kinda blurry. You might want to search on ways to dissolve that stuff.

yeah theres some sort of green liquid inder it, i took a look earlier and found it is actually liquid, i thought it was some sort of glue but i guess not :S ? would locktite be liquid or solid?

i think its loctit green (290), ill see how to remove it, hopefully not drill it out...

found this:

"For Disassembly
1. Remove with standard hand tools.
2. In rare instances where hand tools do not work because
of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to
nut or bolt to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while
hot."

how am i meant to get it to 250 degrees :S ?!

Last edited:
yeah theres some sort of green liquid inder it, i took a look earlier and found it is actually liquid, i thought it was some sort of glue but i guess not :S ? would locktite be liquid or solid?

i think its loctit green (290), ill see how to remove it, hopefully not drill it out...

found this:

\"For Disassembly
1. Remove with standard hand tools.
2. In rare instances where hand tools do not work because
of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to
nut or bolt to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while
hot.\"

how am i meant to get it to 250 degrees :S ?!

Butane torch. Focus the flame to as sharp a point as you can then hold it on for probably 5-10 seconds.

Technical data sheet for loctite 380:
http://tds.loctite.com/tds5/docs/380-EN.PDF

It says that the strength starts to wane as the temperature approaches 120 C. Also Acetone appears to be a solvent.

I got the restrictor sorted yesterday. Me and my dad attacked it with a dremmel :thumbup:

2 broken pieces and atleast 25 minutes later we were victorious and now i have a fully de-restricted 2008 FZ6 S2! And my god does it pull now! yeehaw :thumbup:

this was never exactly a lively thread lol, but if anyones interested in pictures or stuff just let me know.

Sir Choice

Nice one

Got mine de-restricted too, DIY job had to hammer out one of the screws though

Much better bike de-restricted just make sure you don't get caught!!

DSC00235.jpg

too true lol. Atleast we've got the restriction certificate and Plate that goes ontop of the original on steering column if anyone does pull us over :)

I think my new scorpions give police more of a reason to pull me over though so I guess id better be careful :O

Back