2009 FZ6 no crank or fuel prime (HELP!!)

ordnance3466

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. Back in the FZ6 game (my third one). I recently picked this one up and have been doing some basic maintenance on it and minor modifications. Today I backed it out of my garage while running, stalled it once and then it would not start back up at all. Here is where I am at with it after trying to run this down:

1. key turns on all electrics (running lights, horn, ect...)

2. no fuel pump priming at all now. It did initially after the bike cut out but now not at all.

3. no cranking of the starter at all.

4. Thought it might be the handlebar cut off switch (bypassed the switch and wired red wires together, no luck)

5. neutral light IS lit up on the dash.

6. If I jump the two posts on the starter relay the starter will crank.

7. I tested the kickstand sensor ohm resistance and it changes reading in the down and up position (figuring that it works).

8. I did add a handlebar riser that lifted and pulled back the bars about an inch both ways. This may have strained the wires while turning full lock in one direction????

At a loss here....research indicates it could be the starter curcuit cut off relay located toward the back of the bike under that plastic rear piece....

ordnance3466

Reaction score
Visit site
Disregard! Solved! So, I thought what are the odds that it pulled a connection apart from the handlebars creating a tight pull on the wires...I took the battery out and its housing and starting feeling around. The wiring connection between the wires that come down off the start/stop switch run on the right side right by the frame. There is a connection there and I pushed them together and I swear they moved like 1/16th of an inch...and I thought no way that would be the issue......It was the issue. So the connection was separated ever so slightly. This could have ended in random relay purchases and continued frustration for sure. Maybe a caution to anyone that rises and pulls back the bars, check that connection for strain.