30 mins. and the seat is painful.

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I started this thread and I just want to let y'all know that the seat got softer or my parts got tuffer. I havnt changed anything and I am still riding and can stay in the saddle for a couple of hours now. When the bike was new it was a killer.

F

formula154

Yes but your sit bones ( the main source of pain) are covered with padding.

I don't think that would work. The padding coverage in cycling bibs is very specific. Bicycle seat contact points are only about 3 inches wide.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:hijack:

So those that have the comfort seat from Yamaha. how is it? I am thinking of purchasing one, but I am leery of spending $250 on a seat I have not sat on.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was delivered to Spencer today. I'm out of town at the moment, I hope it will be there when I get home. I'll post my opinion of the mod soon after.

As I hoped, the seat was waiting for me when I got back last week. I was finally able to take a longer ride on Saturday to assess the results. With the stock seat, after about an hour in the saddle I would have to stop and walk around a bit to relieve the pain in the rear. With the modded seat, I rode for about 2 hours (the whole ride) without stopping. That's not to say that my behind was in blissful comfort the whole time, just that I never felt that I had to stop. I did move around on the seat some, and stood up on the pegs once or twice. When I got off, my rear did not seem to suffer any lingering after-effects as it used to with the stock seat. Spencer told me that it would take a few tanks of gas to break it in, so based on my first long ride I am pleased with the results and hopeful that it will get better and better.

I also had Spencer install a Sargent Cycle "Sport Skinz" seat cover in place of the factory cover. Here are a few pictures:

Last edited:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm one of the fatty's who can do the corbin thing. (I'm 180lbs, give or take a pint of ben and jerry's) I picked mine up used on the sbn site and really like it. I had one on my vfr, too. The key for me is firmer foam, not softer.

There are so many variables that'll influence our comfort on the bike. Physical attributes such as height, limb length (arms and legs), pre-existing conditions/issues, physical conditioning, to name a few. My point being that, as others have suggested, it's important to look at this as comprehensively as possible.

Sometimes it's not the seat at all, but perhaps the position/height of the bars or the pegs that's putting you in a less-than-optimal riding position and causing a focus of sorts at your, um, point of contact.

The original poster may have gotten a little bit of sit zone conditioning under his belt, but also may have wiggled around in the ****pit enough to adjust his riding position as optimally as his own physical attributes would allow.

This is why in the bicycle world we do "fits" to get the saddle and bars in the optimal position. Of course, if you start with a frame that's the wrong size, well, there's only so much adjustment that you can do...

If you can find a list member anywhere near you who's got something other than the stock bit, you'd do well to meet up and give it a test ride. Yeah, I know, who's gonna let a "stranger" ride their bike..?

Anyhow, one vote for corbin here. I'll shut up now.