4 Degree Ignition Advancer Rotor Pick Up

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an idea, about you might look for some open source code from some of the mobile apps for Vehicles like Torque Pro, OBD Fusion etc. The if you build said hardware, you could use your vehicle and an OTS app and with an added O2 sensor and dial it in. Just a thought.....

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another idea. Actually 2.
The S2 fizzer has an analog tach so there is one analog source but I think yours is an S1?

Next up is A) open your fuel controller and look for a tach signal. B) buy the IC that takes CPS data and converts it to digital out rpm. IIRC the CPS sensor is not actually a Hall effect sensor but some other type as its voltage increases with RPM. That said the notch on the trigger wheel is detectable. Remember the thread Playing with Trigger?

Last little bit, if you could log vacuum and TPS input than you know what the engine is doing. Taking that a step further if you grab CPS and Output shaft data, know you know what gear it's in....

Start a new thread if you want more input.

Duckman

Braapp
Reaction score
Visit site
15317D89-5305-4A0F-BBF1-13D9C07A96B8.jpg

Alrighty guys just bought it. What procedures are need to be taken to remove the pickup rotor cover? I believe so far I will need a 5mm Allen In crisscross pattern. and a 14mm 6-point socket and loctite for the screw for the rotor. Will I need a new gasket?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You could replace the gasket but cleaning and good FIPG from Toyota, GM, or Yamaha is needed for the CPS rubber plug.

An impact wrench spins it off effortlessly. FWIW it is a conventional RH thread IIRC.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive been reading more and more about this mod and it got me intrigued that i want it!
I have a S1 still with cat but with slip ons

The thing that really bothers me is the off throttle response specially when in mid corner delayed throttle response making it uncomfortable.

Do i have to tinker with CO values doing this mod? Or adjusting CO Is
sufficient enough aside from running higher octane fuel
Which one to buy 4° or 5° rotor?
Is it necessary to run colder plugs?