40K and going strong

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had some service done on my '06, and it has a clean bill of health. It got a new clutch cable, coolant (the old stuff was brown and gooey) and brake fluid. I traded for it when it had 23K on the odo, and it now has 40K. I was worried at first because the bike had lived outdoors and looked pretty rough.

Besides loving the bike and feeling very much at home on it, I am very impressed with its durability. I'm going to be loving this thing until it gets traded for something that can tow a camper.

Joe

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Can an FZ1 tow? I was thinking FJR1300 or a Connie. For now, I will camp with a little tent and whatever I can carry. Within a coupe of years, I'll be looking for a Leesure Lite or similar.

Joe

Oh, sorry, I was kidding... picturing a big popup behind an FZ1. I have no idea about tow limits/recommendations. Ive seen tiny tent units behind C10's before, so I would guess the fz1 could handle the same..? I've long daydreamed about pulling a small dirt bike on a trailer behind my 600.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear! I'm only at 16,000 miles and the bike still runs like it did new! I'm sure I'll hit 40K in a couple years since I'm riding a lot more this year on the commute due to gas prices.