a couple of quik q's

WVFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok i recently got the 520 conversion with the 15 48 sprockets from sumofallparts and after putting everything on i realized i had the rivet type master link instead of the clip variety. My question is do i have to get the special tool designed to press the connecting links together or is there an easier way? maybe bb and vice grips?

Also, i just picked up some leo vince pipes from a guy on a forum, but he said his bike is an 04 and the cat eliminator wont fit my 07, i was wondering if i could put the pipes on without a new cat elim or should i just go ahead and get a cat elim that fits my bike?

any help/input would be helpful :Flash:

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about the chain, but the exhaust should be the same for all years.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok i recently got the 520 conversion with the 15 48 sprockets from sumofallparts and after putting everything on i realized i had the rivet type master link instead of the clip variety. My question is do i have to get the special tool designed to press the connecting links together or is there an easier way? maybe bb and vice grips?

Yes, you must press and rivet them properly. Many use the Motion Pro tool, but there are too many failure reports for my taste. The RK tool is the best, IMHO. Here's a link to one of the many places that sell it: RK Chain Tool, Breaker, Press Fit and Rivet :: Chain :: Solo Moto Parts