a view of the hyper lite tail lights

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe they didn't know where Oslo was? It is a long ways, and you are correct, it's a very expensive place. I couldn't believe how expensive it was when I was in Oslo about a decade ago. However, the USD is making a comeback.

Of course, they could be unaware of where Oslo is, but I selected "Norway" as my destination country when ordering, and that should be a pretty good clue. Looking at their web site and order form now, I guess I forgot to change the shipping option from "USPS Priority Mail (US Only)" at 5.50 US$ to "US Post Office Priority Mail International", which happens to be 40 US$. A well designed web site would remove all domestic shipping options when an international address is specified... :confused:

And no need to worry, Vegasrider - Oslo is still a very expensive place. :rolleyes: Apparently Oslo is the second most expensive city in the world, and Norway is also on second place when it comes to the most expensive countries in the world.

To use a scale all of you know: The average price for a 0.5 liter domestic draught beer from tap in Oslo is somewhere close 12 US$ now. A Big Mac (another well known size) is 6.3 US$ according to the 2015 Big Mac Index.

In the last year or two, the US$ has gone from approx. 5.5 Norwegian Kroner (NOK) to over 8 NOK for one US$, so ordering stuff from the states is way more expensive now than it used to be.

Edit: Typos.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And no need to worry, Vegasrider - Oslo is still a very expensive place. :rolleyes: Apparently Oslo is the second most expensive city in the world, and Norway is also on second place when it comes to the most expensive countries in the world.

Edit: Typos.

Yup, learned real quick when I entered a convenience store, I think it was a 7/11, anyways, purchased a coke and a bag of chips and came out to 6-7 USD. Except for the food, the expenses were not on my dime, I was there for work so I was very fortunate to visit many other countries besides Norway, staying at nice hotels. Oslo is a very beautiful city, kind of reminds me of Seattle. I just wish I had more time and tour Northern Norway.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding my "rant" about shipping costs: I just had a look at the invoice for the Hyperlites, and shipping is specified at 5.50 US$ for delivery to my address in Norway. That is a very good price! It would be more costly to send the same package within Oslo. Looking forward to seeing the LEDs on the bike. [emoji6]

On the USPS web site ( https://www.usps.com/ ) , you can type into what country your shipping, the weight (that's a big deciding factor) and size box and it'll give you prices. The seller may add some for boxing up, customs forms (done on-line), etc. Tracking, if available is expensive.

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll third the reply about their customer service. I had their lights on my first bike and took them off when I sold it. The connectors were shot by the time I got around to installing it on the FZ6, so I e-mailed and asked about buying another installation kit (I didn't want to buy all the Posi-Twist and Posi-Taps and end up with them sitting around).

It had been several years since I bought the original lights, and Hyperlites still just mailed me, for free, another installation kit. I even offered to pay, but they just sent them. Awesome!