ACF50 advice

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Determined not to see my bike dissolve this winter, I've been doing a lot of research on how to protect it, as unfortunately storing her in the garage isn't an option for me. She's my trusty commute to work now, averaging about 400km per week.

There's been some good threads about keeping your bike clean and lubed/greased etc but my time and options are limited (I live in an apartment so can't get a hose/pressure washer to clean it after every ride), and I kept hearing of this magical stuff called ACF50...

So it seems it's pretty good stuff and would suit my needs very well. I haven't found it here in France though so might have to get it from the UK. I've read on other forums of course to keep it away from your tyres and brake pads/discs, but what I want to know is:

1. Are there any specific bits on the Fazer which more attention should be paid?

2. Any bits in particular (other than mentioned) which should NOT be treated? E.g brake calipers could do with some protection but worried about it creeping onto the pads.

3. How successful has it worked for you? Was it worth the money?

4. Any other useful advice?

Cheers,

Davey

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Determined not to see my bike dissolve this winter, I've been doing a lot of research on how to protect it, as unfortunately storing her in the garage isn't an option for me. She's my trusty commute to work now, averaging about 400km per week.

There's been some good threads about keeping your bike clean and lubed/greased etc but my time and options are limited (I live in an apartment so can't get a hose/pressure washer to clean it after every ride), and I kept hearing of this magical stuff called ACF50...

So it seems it's pretty good stuff and would suit my needs very well. I haven't found it here in France though so might have to get it from the UK. I've read on other forums of course to keep it away from your tyres and brake pads/discs, but what I want to know is:

1. Are there any specific bits on the Fazer which more attention should be paid?
I would say the top of the exhaust headers. That gets some rust and the acf-50 tends to burn off after a while, so you need to reapply it there every once in a while.
Also, put it on your chain. Clean your chain. Dry it. Put on acf-50. Pad dry. Then, put on chain lube.

2. Any bits in particular (other than mentioned) which should NOT be treated? E.g brake calipers could do with some protection but worried about it creeping onto the pads.
If it creeps on the pads, no biggie. It should burn off within a few feet from your driveway. I don't spray a lot on the calipers, but I used a rag with some acf-50 on it and did a once-over on the calipers. I was more concerned with the banjo bolts of the brake lines. I also put acf-50 on the fairing bolts. I hate getting rust on them. Don't bother covering up the plastic parts with acf-50. There's no harm, but don't use it like turtle wax. Be sure to get the rubber hoses. Don't put it on your tires.

3. How successful has it worked for you? Was it worth the money?
It's awesome. Cheap insurance.

4. Any other useful advice?
memory is the greatest trick we play on ourselves, after reality
Cheers,

Davey

Last edited: