Ads...Calling All Moderators

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all you Mods out there thank you for all your help... We have been geting some unwanted advertising on the site. Nix torture, beat ect... when you seem em and ban the user for life... Unless its motocycle related and in the correct area.... Thats ok......

Thanks.....

Dennis

PS.. still have lots of forums with no mods. You must be a senior member to apply to be a mod... If your interested pick a forum and send me a message.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe it is a common problem with public forums. I have seen it done on other forums also. They can be a real pain!:mad:

W

wrightme43

The way it was handled on two other forums I am a part of works pretty well.
All new members must be approved before posting.
They are welcome to register, read, search, and use the forum, but they just can not post untill approved.

Spammers DIAF

W

wrightme43

if you need help.... let me know... I would be happy to help

Pick some forums man. This place keeps getting bigger. That and Permabanning spammers is fun.

I like to add
DIAF
Die In A Fire Spammer.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
hmm

Actually, why dont you try to proffit from it, perhaps call it advertising which in its proper context can be good for all. If someone knows a lot of yammy fz6 folks hang here, and can give great discounts on something related, and they agree to pay for that, thats ok with me. I mean thats just an idea. abusing this site to make a buck advertising should be bannable. Help to pay for the upkeep and stuff.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, why dont you try to proffit from it, perhaps call it advertising which in its proper context can be good for all. If someone knows a lot of yammy fz6 folks hang here, and can give great discounts on something related, and they agree to pay for that, thats ok with me. I mean thats just an idea. abusing this site to make a buck advertising should be bannable. Help to pay for the upkeep and stuff.

Advertising is welcome and currently there are areas to place the adds... When I get time I will make a menu for potential advertisers to view and come put with some ideas for it... Right now as long as its motorcycle related and in the right section I am ok with it....

Mike just pick a forum and lemme know

Dennis

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
We can have levels of membership to filter out spammers. For example, you must introduce yourself in a noob section to be able to post in other forums...and I've also seen it where a membership had to be approved after the intro.

You definitely want 50 or so posts in before posting in the classifieds.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
We can have levels of membership to filter out spammers. For example, you must introduce yourself in a noob section to be able to post in other forums...and I've also seen it where a membership had to be approved after the intro.

You definitely want 50 or so posts in before posting in the classifieds.

/\ What he said.

I'd like to volunteer for mod duty. I know I haven't been around long, but I spend about 10 hours strapped to a desk without much to do 4 times a week. I've also got a bit of mod experience, if anyone remembers the old voodoofiles forums.

Fyi, this was spurred on by our latest spammer hitting almost every section.

W

wrightme43

:eek:We monitor your brain waves in your sleep. Its really the only way to be sure.

I think it is number of posts.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
...Fyi, this was spurred on by our latest spammer hitting almost every section.

I missed it again. It seems that these attacks happen when it's night in here. And you guys are faster than blue FZ6 to ban the spammers :thumbup: .