After market exhaust question

Eagletalon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

Looking to buy an after market exhaust and my friend has either a scorpion or two brothers for sale. It's only the muffler set up with the brackets. My question is can you fir the after market exhaust to the stock catalytic? I have done it in cars but not sure if it can be done on a bike.

Thanks
Jon

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Jon, I have Scorps (with the Scorp"Y" pipe). It bolts directly to the rear (vertical, S2) CAT.

Absolutely not a problem and you'll likely have have a better running engine with the cat IN.

Once you remove the cat, you have to start adding control fuelers, air filters, on and on as you have
much less back pressure..

The bike will idles nice and smooth with the CAT and Open Scorps, with NO other mods..

The open Scorp is pretty loud, especially when getting on it. With the cat out, I suspect it'd be too much and annoying..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You didnt mention S1 or S2, but the mid-pipe cat comes out in exactly the same place. So, 2Bro will bolt right up.

Straight piping the Mid-Pipe made it a bit louder with P1X tips in, but the change is the crispness. Not raspy more like you simply hear the cylinders more as they should be.

That said, the S1 mid-pipe cat is pretty restrictive. Its free HP setting it aside! :spank:

2Bro P1X Tips w/CAT (S2)

2Bro P1X Tips, CAT delete (ign advance)

S1 Header, Ign Advance, CAT free, 2Bro tips out skip to 2:30 for WOT!

First audio has an exposed mic. Second two do not.