Air Temp Way OFF

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a quick search and couldnt find anything to I figured this was worth a new thread.

My 2009 has an air temperature gauge.. Novel idea, right? Except that its 13 degrees or so off (reading high) Yesterday it was about 79 degrees here WI (finally some warm weather!!) and my air temp gauge was reading 90-92. Note: this was all highway travel at 65mph. no sitting at traffic lights or anything. This morning it was about 55 degrees and my temp gauge was reading 66.

Is there a calibration that can be done? any other sort of fix?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a way to bring it down to ambient; you run at WOT for about 8 minutes and it drops! lol

Ya, radiant heat from the sun plus soak heat from the engine and its easily 10F + above ambient. The longer you sit and idle, the greater the heat soak. As the RPMs go up, the air is replaced and it cools down a little.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
i suppose if you wanted it to read ambient you could remove it from the bike and glue it to the tail section?

just kidding, as above. the S1 dont even have that just some bars that look snazzy i have no idea on the temp range for the bars, anyone know what they are?

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess it's wrong to treat it as ambient temperature since it reads higher than air temperature.
At first I was confused since it seemed 'more' wrong on cold mornings e.g. should be 2C outside and bike said 6C. But it makes sense if it seems to generally show a certain % higher than ambient temperature.