Aluminum Bars, Vibrations, what to do

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I agree. And would have agreed before, like I said, I just didn't know it wold make THAT much of a difference. Taking cats out (each time I took one out) didn't. Drilling exhaust didn't. Doesn't seem like I just got lucky there, many people get away with that on this bike. Seems like I just got unlucky on mine. Either way, sure, it comes down to science/math/physics, and my exhaust was wrong just enough to be troubling, especially with the easily resonated AL bars. Oh well, probably couldn't get the schooling I did for 40$ and a couple nights work, so it's a win win in the end.

Nice job on the locks. My brother had a K1200, nice bike!

Loren

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a side note from previous posts here.

There have been reports of the cat delete WITH the open aftermarket pipes, can cause loping / idle issues.

I have never read of JUST, aftermarket pipes(even open), causing idling issues / loping.

It seems just a little too much air, lack of back pressure, etc, with the exhaust system opened that much may / can cause issues..

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah...seems that way huh...but that's where the science comes in...Damn science (Ha...actually my favorite subject)...
See I thought that too. Hence after both deletes my cans were 1.75 I.d., with reducer ring to 1.5" at the very end on both. Loped. 2 Bros are over 2" I.D., wide open even expanding some at the end. No loping.

so.....seems more to do with velocity than pressure. Mine allowed cooling in confined area. So does stock. Both reduce velocity after cat deletes. 2 Bros. don't....so large that cooler exhaust doesn't have a chance to gather and slow down next pulse coming in. Tadaa, no added back pressure vs open exhaust, and still no loping.

at least that's my 2c....

Loren