Another home made FE

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
so i decided to make an FE, i went to home depot with a fellow biker and walked around. found a piece in the lumber section that looked like it may work. grabbed that and then 2 small L brackers for the turn signals. i came home tore it all down and went to work.

i mocked it up once to get hole locations. i used the holes under the tail as to set it in more. for the tag i stole the piece off the current fender, i then used the studs that stick out of that to mark for holes. i took the L brackets and bottled them to the middle piece, the stolen bracket on top and the L brackets behind. I used spacers as necessary that were from the original.

i then took it all apart and painted it. put it all back together with some aftermarket turn signals and mounted an led light to the plastic under the exhaust for tag light.

i can give more detailed steps as needed but i need to find the rest of the mock up pieces to take pics of them. for now here are some pics when done and the mock pieces i could find.

total cost of parts from home depot= 10 dollars.:thumbup:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i know the wires need to be cleaned up but i have not gotten a chance to get the conduit, and the price is a little high since i did it twice once for mocking and once to put on bike. i had the lights and paint sitting around already. i hope this can help someone that wants to make a cheap FE. :rockon:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
i've learned that some people just buy prefab fender eliminators because they dont want to mess with anything or really dont know how to. And they're willing to pay for the no fuss involved. Your FE is perfectly utilitarian. Nice thinking. Nice cost.

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, i am a master mechanic so hell if i am paying 90 for something i can make in an hour in my garage. I liked the ones that are prefabbed and i looked at them but was like i think i can do this for much cheaper. thanks for giving feedback:D

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen these same pieces in the hardware/Lumber playground by my house, and thought about doing the same thing. I still might but has anyone seen this FE kit?

07 08 YAMAHA FZ6 CARBON FIBER FE FENDER ELIMINATOR KIT - eBay (item 260707166277 end time Feb-10-11 08:26:38 PST)

It looks pretty, although i would like to see it on the bike or at least see the mounting area before I bought it.

That's just silly, in my opinion. The whole thing is covered by the plate. What's the point of having carbon fiber there?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I got this one. Cool FE kit I found I don't have the ability to stamp aluminum like that so I bought this one. I just used a couple of "L" brackets on my katana tho. Anyways, like I said in my other post, he doesn't list black for some reason. Or any color but blue. But I talked with him and he can do almost any color and will swap it out.

Last edited: